2021 trade spec

I actually don’t mind Cornes is not afraid to tell it like it is. I don’t agree with everything he says but at least he doesn’t sugar coat things.

9 Likes

I actually love it when Friday comes round and I don’t have to listen to Whateley.

2 Likes

Footy is a job and you’ve got to enjoy going to work. I know a lot of people are worried he’d go to Geelong, but while they are are pushing for a premiership now, their list profile is a bunch of guys way over the age of Parish.

Why would Parish leave a club with a bunch of his mates all around his age to go to a club with a bunch of blokes all in their 30s who he probably naturally couldn’t be close mates with? He gets the opportunity to build something here at Essendon, with McGrath, Ridley, Draper, etc. while he would go back to being a fringe player at a Geelong. From hearing Caldwell speak, it seems like thats the reason he chose us over a more experienced Saint Kilda team

The young blokes love Truck and the direction the team is going, its the Smith and Shiel’s (and hopefully not Merrett) that would probably still entertain a trade

1 Like

If Smith wanted to go you would let him,
His mate Jeremy Cameron is at the cats now.
And would be closer to home, and maybe last chance to snag a premiership.
Hopefully get a younger mid/forward in return from cats, someone like Parfitt or Narkle. or a second round draft pick.

I cant see Shiel going or Merrett, unless they get offered massive pay days else where.

1 Like

It is all or nothing for The Cats this year. If they fail again it will be all over for Scott and they will have to start recruiting youth or change their name from the Cats to the Zimmerframes

Why would Parish go there if they fail again?

Shiel already has received a massive pay day from us.

The issue for Shiel if he wanted to move would be weather a team would be willing to take his contract on in the first place

Smith is an interesting one. Would be completely fine if he stayed but if he did have a good season he might be the player that could unlock a second round pick for us to ensure we have something in between pick 5ish and pick 40 odd. He’d be 29 next year but if someone was willing to cough up a second rounder you’d think about it in the context of our list build.

4 Likes

Just go after another GWS midfield prospect.

I’m pretty happy with Dev, Shiel and Caldwell.

And Jye hasn’t even played a senior game.

Any one of Hopper, Green or Taranto. They love Timmy up there so maybe either Hopper or Green.

Shiel was offerred more from Blues than us.
If Cripps left, they may go after him.

I guess given the current envionment, we got to expect one of our players to be looking at moving on.
sometimes its the ones you dont expect either…Saad

Even so, he is reportedly on close to 900k a year for the next four years with us, which given his output with us to date, hasn’t been worth it at all. Unless North do a crazy move, i just dont see any team wanting to take on that sort of money.

If Geelong offer us our second rounder for Dev, done deal

We also have mosquito coming back next year as well as a small forward.

And Cahill, as well as the Daveys in 2022

Geelong would be taking the p15s if they got him across after getting Higgins, Isaac Smith and Cameron wouldn’t they? :sweat_smile:
Their average list age would probably be 32 next year :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

If they miss out on the premiership again, they might do something crazy.

Im not sure what other teams would be interested in getting Dev?

If Carlton had a really promising year they might do something silly and be a possibility. Betts is cooked and Gibbons is average. They might be attracted to a small forward with an eye for goal.

3 Likes

Any poster who nominates any of our players to be put up for trade before a ball has even been bounced should be swapped for :poop: because that would put us way ahead.

2 Likes

You’re in the wrong thread then fried one.
It’s not a slight on anyone’s character or saying we don’t like them it’s a discussion about our list build.

3 Likes

Then you might as well say the davey twins should be traded after a couple of years because we might get something better with the picks. These threads always degenerate into posters potting their least favourite players and it’s bad enough at season’s end, but totally premature early in the season.

1 Like

I reckon he’d be a shocking one to try and trade.

Nobody’s giving anything more than a 3rd rounder for a 28yo small forward/back (which is all he’s done in the past 2 years)
He’s still got a bit of good footy in him, IMHO. Plus he’s hard at it, can play a couple of roles, vocal and a hard worker - and (unlike most of our list) has a bit of experience.

If you think this thread always degenerates, then dont bother opening it mate

Its literally called “2021 really early trade spec”

4 Likes