2022 Draft Watch (Part 1)

They all have to, Tom Boyd and Patton where big boys when drafted but the likes of Ben King, Max King and McKay still needed to fill out.

1 Like

Well that’s a roller coaster.

5 Likes

I just want us to draft anyone who can kick well on both feet.

Always……

It’s why I hate player comparisons :joy:

GET HIM IN!!

1 Like

West Adelaide played at my golf club the other week. I walked past Lemmey on my way to the driving range and can confirm he is an absolute unit

1 Like

ELIJAH HEWETT

We’ve neglected the forwardline for too long, we need to invest in match winners.

The best pure forward would be Harry Sheezel, likely to get a following like Rachele got :joy:

1 Like

Sheezel has a far better name. Bring.

3 Likes

Like round 2 2021 I’m on this thread in round 2 2022.

What’s davey’s current ranking

I have Alwyn 15-30 at this early stage. Will be hard to rate Jayden with the ACL but on talent a sure top 40.

4 Likes

At least we can get a top 10 and alwyn and boy oh boy do we need small forwards.

Watching the best teams nowadays it’s clear you need super fit small forwards who get up and down the ground (lambert, castangna, butler, Spargo, neal-bullet, picket)…… are the Davey’s these types or more traditional forwards with goal sense?

1 Like

Jayden more traditional small forward and Alwyn better as a high forward who can deliver inside 50. He played a fair bit in the midfield on Saturday which included some good company like Wardlaw so expect to see him play forward and midfield this year.

3 Likes

I’m on the Tsatas bandwagon.

1 Like

It’s hard to find a comparison for him so I’ll hate to see anyone try to this year but in terms of Essendon links I reckon Winderlich would be one. Serious speed, very clean by hand and foot and can hit the scoreboard. His style suits the inside but his body makeup might keep him from the rustle and bustle of stoppages like a Hobbs could do.

I imagine he’d get pushed back to a Rookie pick?

He just hasn’t played any football, to be a chance in the ND. Unless Alwyn jr has a blinder of a year…… and another club thinks they can get something similar from Jayden.

Yeah surely after 2 ACLs he ain’t top 60 if he was 40 on talent

Might not stop a club bidding late to use the MSD loophole if he is likely to miss half of next year. I would hope Essendon nominate him for the main draft just to be safe

3 Likes

I like the sound of that.

I reckon we need some outside class. And speed.