2022 Draft Watch (Part 1)

I really like the look of Voss so far. I hope we persist we him & Baldwin, as key forward prospects.

Unfortunately, showing promise at Essendon almost certainly leads to long term injuries.

1 Like

How can you come to that conclusion from a VFL side that probably only gets 20-30 inside 50’s
Eyres biggest weapon is his engine for a taller player.
He was trialled in defence last year, dont think it was that successful. - plus we have a plethora of defenders already

Eyre needs a better midfield and better delivery in the VFL.

I was thinking 3 inside the 10…how could this be done…let me try:

• I would bundle Francis with a 2023 1st Rounder for GWS 2022 First and Hill (looking like a good pick inside the 10)

• I would send Shiel, Smith and Zerk-Thatcher to Adelaide for their first rounder

biggest issue there is players got to agree to the trade.
Adelaide would be crazy to trade a first rounder when they are rebuilding.
Francis to Crows / Port for a third round pick likely best we get.
Zerk-Thatcher to Crows for a future third round pick with us sending them a future fourth round back
Smith to the cats for a future third round pick.
Shiel to the Demons for a future second round pick, plus we pay some salary
Future Demons second round pick to GWS for Hill, O’Halloran.
Brayshaw as a RFA

Out: Francis, Zerk-Thatcher, Smith, Shiel, future fourth round pick
In: Brayshaw (FA), Hill, O’Halloran, third round pick, future third round pick

Rd 1 2023
B: Laverde Reid McGrath (c)
hb: Hind Ridley Redman
c: Merrett Brayshaw Langford
hf: Martin Jones Stringer
f: Wanganeen Wright Hill
R: Draper Parish Perkins
int: Bryan, Caldwell, Kelly,Hobbs
Sub: Davey
Emg: Davey, O’Halloran, Cox, Hird, Brand

its always a challenge but it can be done

We could offer GC our future first rounder & Dylan Shiel (We pay a portion of his salary) for their first rounder, this year.

Shiel might enjoy it up there.

1 Like

Yea they wouldn’t do that in a million years

6 Likes
  1. KPF x 1 - if we finish bottom 5, I’d be tempted to get the key forward, they are hard to get otherwise.
  2. Small Forward x 2 (Davey and or Hill may fill one of these spots) - agree, Daveys and Hill
  3. Big Bodied Inside Mid > 188cm x 2 - I think one is enough to get the right balance and i would go for an established one like Dunkley, trade future 1st. We have perkins who will also be that strong inside mid who is 188cm. Hobbs & Caldwell will also be inside, we don’t need to over stock this area.
  4. Ruckman x 1 - Not really a requirement, once Phillips goes, we can just pick up another journey man to be 3rd in line

Other needs
5. Mid height forward, someone who can jump and has power, eg toby green or liam ryan type. Munkara sounds like he could be that type, not sure we can get him

1 Like

We’ll have pick 3 and there will be 3 clear cut kids above the rest and then the AFL will give Norf a PP and we won’t have pick 3 anymore.

2 Likes

Mid season draft spot come on down.

Poor luck for Nik

4 Likes

Trade next years first for one this year?

Who’s that player that been smashing it to get another chance?

Yes.

1 Like

Righto, who will be available with pick 3 in the mid season draft?

That dreadlock bloke Culley probably won’t be there at our pick yeah?

Daveys plus 2 first rounders in

Sounds great to me we could improve our list with one draft and then next year fill in gaps with FA’s that fit the profile of the list

Who knows, but Forster-Knight picked Snelling and Durham out of no where and both have been good mid season picks. I’d back him to pick another good one.

2 Likes

I’d still LTI Hurley if we can. Take 2 kids in the mid season. Seems we do well with the mid season draft

6 Likes

2x MSDs pls

2 of Culley, Carmichael and D’Ambrosio

2 Likes

GWS play West Coast up in Sydney this week. So even allowing for us to fluke a win in our next two games (an unlikely event) we should still have pick 3 for this MSD.