2022 Draft Watch (Part 2)

Phillipou speaks like he expects to win. I feel like we havent had that for 15 years. It’s time to bring that type of attitude into the club.

Welcome to Essendon kid…hopefully.

8 Likes

He’s going to be extremely disappointed then.

11 Likes

Slotting one against Carlton to put us in front then fist pumping in front of the Carlton cheer sqaud

4 Likes

I prefer Nino’s optimism. :joy:

4 Likes

The vic metro game being July would have made it very hard to impact the country game in June.

He only played WA in the champs after, he played fwd at the start of this game, spent time on the wing, with a bit of mid time.
Didn’t look like he was labouring but wasnt as impactful as other games, although Ginbey was dominating in there.

(I rewatched all the SA games last night)

2 Likes

What did you think after watching them?

Has this been shared yet?

4 Likes

Has this - not that I care. Well a bit, maybe.

anonymous-breach-pixel
AFL Draft 2022: All the latest news on the top South Australian prospects

Mattaes Phillipou was in Melbourne this week to meet with Hawthorn coach Sam Mitchell. But just as he was about to fly home, Essendon called. Here’s what happened next.

Hurry up Monday i want POU

1 Like

Phillipou stats at U18’s SANFL

He is a pretty well rounded player. Tackle numbers impressive

1 Like

Fibre time for Nino

8 Likes

His impact when given a really extended run in there was pretty impressive.
But when the likes of D’Aloia or Dowling were getting 1st hands he wasn’t quite in the right positions to receive. I think that will come though, as he can find space around the half fwd position to create scoring chances so he obviously reads the play well.

One part that really stood out was how well he tackles and his willingness to do it! This is something our current mids have been critiqued pretty harshly on, but I’ve seen it in Hobbs now possibly Mattaes which is great.

I will say that after rewatching them Tsatas is a fair way ahead on exposed form, but Mattaes is alot more versatile with scope to be elite in multipe areas.
Our midfielders atm struggle to play other roles effectively so this could be something to weigh up

4 Likes

I think it’s pretty obvious we’re trading for Hawthorns pick 6 and picking up Tsatas and Phillipou.

I’ve been on the toilet the last 2 days. Careful what you wish for

4 Likes

Every morning I go to the toilet at exactly 7:30am. The only problem is I don’t wake up until 9:00am…

12 Likes

Some people just take the rod and hook. POU brings a camera and a frying pan.

2 Likes

Dogs had a need for a young KPD, Tiges would see Eyre as a Balta-type.

It’s not always revenge or jealousy as the motivation.

2 Likes

We simply must take both players, no other alternative.

6 Likes

Just remembering that there was that SANFL game with crazy tackle numbers this year. How comparable are SANFL 18s tackles counts vs Nat Champs or NAB league tackle numbers? Equivalent generally?

1 Like

It’s interesting the SANFL site has him down as 192cm (compared to AFL 190cm), with Bamford saying he’s likely to end up at 194cm. Nice.

He also says Phillipou “needs to chill” lol.