2022 Draft Watch (Part 2)

I wouldn’t rule out a bid to trade up to 3 or a trade back from 4 - will be interesting to see if we move.

3 Likes

Seems logical but has there been a situation where Dodoro has traded back, I can’t see him doing it.

i wouldn’t rule out nothing happening either

3 Likes

Scenario 1 - The Wardlaw

Scenario 2 - The Phillipou

???

1 Like

Dodoro will already be locked and loaded on Tsatas, bookmark it.

3 Likes

Lol, I’ve been very clear on my position! :joy:

I don’t think anyone will give up a F2 AND 2022 points.

We won’t want to do any deal until draft night due to list spots being needed predraft to activate picks.

If it comes to Pick 22 and a player is available that a Geelong or Richmond really want, it is not inconceivable that they would consider trading their Future 1st.
Both clubs would consider themselves Top 3 teams next year, thus their first rounder would be a near 20’s pick.
Especially with the possibility of some high profile Free Agent possibly further delaying their First Round selections.

1 Like

Richmond don’t have a future first and I don’t think Geelong would do that as they’ve already traded their future 2nd and future 3rd

While it’s possible, it feels unlikely as it will be 24 on draft day, and generally those kind of trades happen for pick 19 and low 20s picks.

If we wanted to do that, we should have done the trade with North that Adelaide did

1 Like

I’m a bit late to the thread and apologies if already discussed. In the event that Wardlaw falls to our pick, what is the benefit of getting him considering we’ve drafted Hobbs and have Caldwell as the developing young mids?

1 Like

Best player available?

He seems to have an explosiveness that the other two don’t have. Only slight question mark would be his multiple hamstring injuries suffered this year.

Caldwell is explosive I reckon…

But otherwise I agree…

1 Like

It sounds like we are looking to trade 22. We would only do that if a club has indicated to us they will be bidding early.

If that’s the case, I would be personally looking to slide pick 5 back to a team that’s in the back end of the top 10 e.g. Saints

Something like:

Out: 5+22
In: 9 and Saints future 1st

Then draft Phillipou with our first selection.

9 Likes

Unless we are 100% sure that a bid isn’t coming in the teens we have to hold onto 22 so that on draft night we have points to match without going into debt for next year.

When a bid hasn’t come at some point (it might be 21, it might be 19 I don’t know how the points stack up), then we have the ability to trade that pick.

I’d like to think that we can use that to get an additional 2nd rounder next year while keeping points up our sleeve.

1 Like

Hypothetically, say Walla returns and someone bids for Munkara after 40, does it essentially then boil down to Eyre vs pick 22 for that final list spot?

This is in the event that a bid for Davey comes after pick 22, of course.

I’m wondering, because I think it’s a fairly realistic scenario where Walla comes back, a bid for Davey comes after 22, and a bid for Munkara happens after 40 but still in the main draft (to keep us honest).

EDIT: probably should’ve posted this in the list maintenance thread, if mods wanna boot it over there.

Another Phillipou clip because why not?

The kid is a jet.

10 Likes

No gurantees Saints first will be a top 10 pick

Is he though??

1 Like

Wardlaw

• adds to future midfield.
  • runs both ways.
  • tackles hard
  • decent mark and kick for his size
  • could end up better than ashcroft