2022 FF Original Draft Discussion Thread

Ward was the other one that I had come down to today, time will tell

2 Likes

The Luke Jackson conundrum?

7 Likes

In the end, i went for the Rolls Royce over the Muscle Car (and one other) . Covid made the junior form tough to track / evaluate, but Nicks numbers are superior to Rowellā€™s / Walsh . Which is crazy. He continued to perform in the Academy game against Geelong VFL ( the Academy got belted). Buckley was on record last year that Daicos would have played senior footy for Collingwood if allowed, and repeated that recently on radio. He just gets involved multiple times per passage of play. And Macrae seems to want to play him early on across half back, so I may have a DEF qualified ball magnet for a year or two.

I did umm and ahh a little bit. But I kept coming back to those numbers. You probably canā€™t go wrong with a top pick in this draft, tbh.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be very comfortable taking Daicos with pick one. His numbers are incredible, but heā€™s also going to play behind the ball which is fantasy gold.

3 Likes

I think i would have gone Daicos first. JHF looks like a freak but North have history of bringing through their kids poorly. Daicos was the safe and more likely better pick.

3 Likes

No argument from me but I would have been happy at pick 2 whichever way you would have gone.

2 Likes

Was hoping JHF would slide to 51, back to the drawing boardā€¦

3 Likes

Still living in hope of a slider at 10

only slider youā€™re getting is this

2 Likes

now iā€™m hungry!

1 Like

He should be here soon, weā€™re 6.20CT here, sun is a setting!

Iā€™m going to the gym in 15 mins, then back an hour after that.

If topdon hasnā€™t picked by then, I expect to get back and cry.

2 Likes

Remember to set your draft settings.
For memory itā€™s better to skip pick and take it when youā€™re back then to let it auto pick.

I donā€™t think anyone is interested in Tom Hickey this early in the draft.

1 Like

Donā€™t normally fall for the EFC-premium when it comes to FF, but went with Hobbs. A midfield bull that will get his hands dirty (hopefully early in the season). My first three picks were gone. Disappointed to just miss out on Ward (will be a beauty!).

3 Likes

I was going to be happy to take Hobbs at 4 until the weekend when Rachele just screamed pick me. But with him gone it was easy to take Ward over Hobbs purely on the basis he will start round 1.

1 Like

@wezza left a contingency - F.Callaghan

:cook: :kissing:

I was going to go Callaghan then Erasmus and they both went in the two picks before mine! WIll need a few minutes, sorry.

1 Like

Wouldā€™ve been quite the steal if they fell to your pick :slight_smile:

Pick 8. Mad Bomber - Josh Sinn (Port Adelaide)
Could he have a basketball background? I hope so! :wink:

4 Likes