2022 FF Original Draft Discussion Thread

No slider so far which is annoying but it was hardly expected.

Iā€™m looking a little left field for mine but undecided suddenly

I find this draft a bit unusual , in that Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d recognise a ā€œsliderā€ at this point. I think there are a lot of pathways through this top 20-ish.

And if you arenā€™t expecting to challenge this yearā€¦ feels like there is a few really good long term options including Darcy.

I have around 11 clear cut players (had more before the weekend).
Then around 20 or 25 after that which could be in any order.
I definitely want to be around for my picks during that time.
That takes me to my 7th pick.
The last two picks can be a bit creative to suit whatever I need to field a team for round 1.

2 Likes

Is Smotes still OS? London time?

yeah still here. Am often up in the middle of the night so should be able to move things along quickly. Didnā€™t want to shoot from the hip for my first pick so should be done in an hour or so.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve some 6 contingencies for AS if his pick is up within the next 90 mins

I like the Sheldrick pick. Looked at home and only this arvo switched to Goater. Worried the Swans may be turning him into a forward. Overthinking things as per usual.

Give me 15

Wow. The two players I want at my pick are still there. Guess that means I get one of them. Make it easy for me Jefferson!!

Goater and MacDonald were a touch below Sheldrick so Iā€™m happy to get him.
Iā€™m hoping Sydney develop him like some of their other youngsters and give me the opportunity to probably trade Viney at some stage this year and try and get another earlyish pick in next years draft.

My next two picks are very tricky though. Iā€™m hoping I can get some pretty good talent onto my list.

Welcome to the Marvelā€™s - Josh Gibcus!

What position is Nik Martin in this league??

Just realised Wanganeen-Milera is a pure C. That stuffed me.

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦
Not sure.
Was he in the xls sheet?

Yeah found him. FC.

FC in the spreadsheet
Martin, Nick # 20 FC

2 Likes

Was high on my list before seeing that

I have selected Liam Jonesā€¦ā€¦

1 Like