2022 R2 Review vs Lions

To be honest I didnt think we would win. False dawn in Q1.

I think the consequences of this loss are culminated in late injuries to both merret and cox,

There was not a lot to display in the 2s. I think Ham will survive for R3 due to injuries. Hobbs to debut, Martin back and maybe Zerk for Stewart.

We are a bit like Australia Post. Fail to deliver when needed

1 Like

We didn’t look like winning in that last quarter.

1 Like

Time for BZT back? I hate the Stewart bashing but maybe its time.

How bad was the ‘tap’ through. Before it even eventuated, i was concern his running back with the ball was a bit casual…FMD.

5 Likes

What’s your problem re??

1 Like

We dont formulate arguments here we just spew out verbal diarrhea.

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter if the cupboard is bare…you don’t gift players games. #sackrutten

Peak Essington is

• More I50s
  • More scoring shots
  • 5+ more behinds than goals
  • losing comfortably and never looking likely

That happened today

17 Likes

We have numerous forwards who can’t kick the ball 50m

That’s a huge issue at this level

Too many cutsie one too many hand balls and the intensity disappears for too many periods

4 Likes

What will the excuses be this week?

1 Like

Cox-This kid is not a wingman!, way too slow with decision making gave teams defence to much time to get back.

Heppell- 11 touches to his name at 3/4 time. For a captain of this team who want to respond this is well below par.

Smith- Ham showed more balls then this bloke now that’s saying something. Needs to be dropped because he is not a 1’s player.

McGrath- Give up on the midfield time it’s beyond a joke how jittery this bloke is around the ball. What happened to the cool calm collected bloke in the backline?

This bombing into the forward line needs to stop. Way too many times we do this and make Marcus Adams look like a superstar. Steven May will be licking his lips after seeing those inside 50 entry’s by us.

Wonder what excuse it will be from Truck tonight, Composure?, Injury’s? Forward line depth?

All I can say is for 150 years your not doing the year justice!

6 Likes

lucky brisbane played poorly to allow us kinda get within 60 points.

usual essendon story though.
handful of dumb players surrounded by a mostly poorly skilled players masquerading as professional atheletes who put in at least a better effort this week to poorly execute most of their well paid jobs criteria.

argh well, she’ll be right mate :+1:

3 Likes

Half the team were next to useless. Including the coach biting his nails in the box.

And what about Tex? We are bottom of the ladder where we deserve to be.

2 Likes

You want to drop five players because you don’t gift games. Did you watch the twos? You’d be gifting games to whoever came in. What’s the play? Show up with 17 blokes?

1 Like

We are heading bottom 4 head needs to roll at seasons end of this continues

1 Like

Couple of the boys had career years 2021. This is our reality. We have holes absolutely everywhere. This is what 2021 should of been, get used to it, accept and lets look for positives and development from our younger players

8 Likes

I’ve been looking for positives and youngsters developing for 20 years I have had enough I want results now

1 Like

Sorry mate. Your hurting and thats fair. But our reality is we wont get results now. Will need to suffer through until we get more young talent in the door and games into important players like Jones, Cox, Perkins, Caldwell etc

2 Likes

I bet Smith gets a game before Martin or Wanganeen next week.

1 Like

Did anyone really expect us to knock off Brisbane?

They were less than a kick off a prelim last year, and probably would’ve gone through too.

4 Likes

We had our chances