2022 Round 10 vs Richmond - Match Review

Except it wasn’t the same ■■■■ as last week was it.

Unfortunately we dont play norf until round 20

This is the most positive I have been all week and we lost. Just shows how much of a $hit week we have had. Going to miss Walla.

1 Like

What a boring game.

We are so fkn boring.

6 Likes

You can mark that one down to a L.

Extremely low quality football from essendon today

2 Likes

Crowd was lively, people brawling everywhere.

Cops had a busy night.

2 Likes

The coast to coast goals
No forward 50 pressure
Midfield getting beat up on

But diffrent to last week

just makes hepp’s interview even more cringey

1 Like

Don’t think I’ll bother watching a replay. First time in a while I watched bugger all of a game and didn’t miss it TBH

1 Like

Agree - effort is expected not celebrated. The same for tackling. Go back to last week 30 pathetic tackles is an indictment on the team and Rutten.

2 Likes

I would give both my nuts for a genuine crumbling pressure forward. Doesn’t even need to be one player. ■■■■■■■ one of each is probably better than the current output.

Surely there is a ■■■■■■■ genuine pressure forward someone outside the AFL. What is Nick Kommer doing?

I don’t 100% agree with this one, I didn’t see anyone still tonight we were running in waves etc…

We don’t know how to communicate and play as a team, how many spoils by a team mate, how many blokes tackle the same guy only two leave two free when it spills out.

The way we setup around the ground and our inability to create space is a joke. We defend grass and get caught on the overlap as we are defending a territory that no one uses. Then we just get picked apart.

Whatever training we did brought AFL level intensity for once, and for a prolonged period. This should have really been round 1. Whatever zoning we have needs to go in the bin immediately. I don’t think the players were gassed or didn’t run tonight. First time all year mind you.

2 Likes

Like, I know we were stripping the game plan back.

Bit long down the line from kick out,
And long and high bomb into fifty is a little bit too basic.

There was forward pressure.

Just not as much as last year when we actually had forwards playing.

We had one warming the bench all night.

2 Likes

From my view fitness has been an issue all year - not just this game. We don’t spread defensively and in attack our forwards are incredibly stagnant. Hence the chip sideways, down the line crap that we can easily reset from.

3 Likes

Tex should have kicked that goal.

You must have been watching a diffrent game every time we went inside 50 if we didnt mark or score it will get rebounded with ease

we are just a boring football club. there is not much positive that we can enjoy. there may be some aspects of the club where we are middle of the road, but not many can reach those heights. Its just a sad state of affairs

1 Like