2022 trade speculation (Part 1)

12 days ago the offical VFLW list said she was unavailable for 2 more weeks.

Oh, you mean her brother-in-law?

… they’re both mysteries.

I thought we were focusing on KPP forward this trade period. King could be cheaper with his knee

He just signed an extension with the Suns last week.

3 Likes

BOBBY HILL!!!

1 Like

So its the perfect time to get bogged down for all of the trade period frivolously chasing him :thinking:

Just so long as we don’t hit his head. The bloke is potentially one more concussion away from retiring.

Ok, I did not expect 40 posts in a couple of days of this thread. I thought it would be quiet …

Getting involved would have cost future picks. We may not have considered it worthwhile. And where is this ‘panic’? People seem to forget we drafted Lord before we drafted McDonagh.

I’m also not sure on McDonagh, unless we thought/think he could also provide small back insurance which we surely need. Does seem to imply they thought we were closer than we are.

But I think you’re getting him mixed up a bit with Lord, who we took before him.

Charlie Curnow has kicked 3 I see

My suggestion of inquiring about getting him isn’t so outlandish not bad for a bloke whos missed a heap of footy

Still pretty outlandish.
No way he was leaving a club that’s stuck with him through so much injury (he’s not Joe).

2 Likes

Money talks

I do think we should throw the cheque book at McKay when he’s a FA

1 Like

Not to everyone.
It would also be a terrible idea to commit the sort of money that would be required to tempt him given his recent injury history.

As for McKay, I have a feeling there’s going to be a lot of clubs throwing a lot of money at him, and we should definitely be one.

1 Like

100% would love to see a McKay/Jones forward line.

McKay won’t leave. Carlton simply don’t lose players to opposition teams.

I would put the chances of us getting McKay at a resounding 0%.

2 Likes

In fairness, until recently I don’t think teams wanted any Carlton players.

That said I certainly don’t see him leaving, but doesn’t mean the offers won’t come.

Name one Carlton player that they wanted to keep which has left?

Guess I should have kept the smiley face in….
No need to be so serious, you’re arguing against points I never even made.

Not arguing with you. It was a question.

Define “wanted to keep”. Betts got offered more than they were willing to match, but I’d guess they weren’t trying to move him on. They refused to trade Gibbs, so they probably wanted to keep him, then traded him the next year. They got pissy and dropped Henderson when he said he wanted to leave. Can’t see why they wouldn’t have wanted to keep Tuohy.

4 Likes