2022 trade speculation (Part 1)

Yes, we would find a spot in our side for an Elite kick.
Wing-HHF

We have way too many guys within our Best 26 limited by foot.

Yes, but we still had to pick him.

The thing with Amon is I always hear how great a kick he is but the more I see him the more I’m convinced he’s one of those guys who is a stylish looking kick but in actual fact he stuffs up his fair share for an outside player and is really quite average.

1 Like

All players are extremely popular with the ladies….they play AFL footy, that’s all they need to do :joy::joy:

I know one ex player that was a choir boy (and still is) to the point where the captain said that he was a strange guy, because he didn’t gamble, drink and party like everyone else…probably explains a lot during the Knights era

if I’d had knights for a coach I’d be drinking too.

2 Likes

Even Cameron Ling was popular with ladies. My mate went to a bar many years ago where some Geelong players went. Ling arrived and got on the dance floor and was immediately surrounded by women. My mate was about to get lucky that night with a beautiful woman until Selwood turned up and she left with him :rofl:

We are a profitable business we don’t care what you think, keep sending us your hard earned though.

Xavier.

1 Like

Ya mate could instead be a groupie around some female athletes.

Plenty of stamina and a very healthy appetite.

Or so I’ve heard……

1 Like

Agree,
Ideal Scenario: One can always dream - lol

• Hopefully we might be able to manufacture a couple of late 2nd/3rd round picks for Francis (Crows?) / Hep (compensation for going to GC/ Nth maybe) which can be used on points on Davey bros and Mankura
  • Put feelers on Brissy’s 1st round pick (and see what they’re asking - to see if we can accommodate it with a combination of picks / player?) and if successful - try and use it to lure either (Dunkley or Hooper/Toranto) - of course this is a dream scenario…but who’s stopping me from dreaming now :slight_smile:
  • If we are going to stick with Rutten and his mantra of blue-collar and contested game style…we need to load up via the draft / trade players that suit that game style.
  • Keep pushing the kids (Draper/ Durham/ Arch/ Cox/ Reid/ Hobbs/ Maz…etc towards 30-50 games
    hopefully success follows
1 Like

Great that you can still Dream, Mos :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m afraid I only have nightmare’s now when I think of the club :anguished:

1 Like

Brisbane needs all their draft picks then some for Ashcroft and Fletcher.

Their first rounder could be bundled together for multiple seconds and thirds if the points work I guess.

They may even put this years first and next years first on the table to say the suns

Yeah but she was from Geelong so that’s probably for the best for your mate.

when I lived on the goldy I got with a girl in schoolies who I conducted a long distance relationship with after I moved back to Tas - way out of my league so was worth it.

things went a bit cold vibe wise a few weeks before I was going over to Melbourne to see her ; she had started uni there - yes I was borderline toolie at 20 I suppose, but I did live in Broadbeach at the time which was kind of where it all used to take place.

knew something was up and was talking about it to a mate I lived with who played for west Brisbane at the time, and it just so happened maxy hudgton did also before he was drafted to st K who confirmed she’d been seeing either either one of smith, brown or jones for the period I kew something was wrong.

6 deg sep right there - the details have been lost to the vagaries of time.

I went to Melb anyway and when she got me from the airport I gave her a saints scarf as a goodbye present.

TBH I was more worried it was Jayson Daniels while waiting for confirmation.

1 Like

I had a big night out with Gary Ablett snr and one of his close mates at a nightclub inside an old church in Geelong. Gary and another ex Geeking player were surrounded by many girls all night and things got very loose. Geelong boys know how to let their hair down. Nobody in Geelong will say a word bc they all barrack for Geelong

is that why Gazza Snr went bald

2 Likes

About 10 years ago, I was out at a club with my then GF & her friend (we were 19). Near the end of the night, a very high Lance Franklin appeared and said directly to my GF “Wanna go home and ■■■■??”, to which she said no. He then did the most incredible move ever, where he moved one step to the right and said to her friend “What about you??”, to which she said no. He then proceeded to ask other girls.

The fact that he did that probably means that he had a good success rate with it.

3 Likes

that’s definitely not true. At least these days.

finally this threads livening up!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at 2022 trade speculation (Part 2).