2022 trade speculation (Part 2)

Big Sammy & Durham say hello.
Though admittedly Guelfi is playing better, but Archie, on the other hand, worse.

1 Like

Harry McKay is a good player, clearly, and Iā€™m sure heā€™d be an over all value add but man itā€™d be like having Daniher all over again having to suffer through watching him needing to kick checksides on his left foot when he takes a mark in one quadrant of the forward line and all the garbage he goes on with.

3 Likes

Agree.

I also donā€™t think Wright & McKay would work in the same forward like.

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t mind seeing if it works.

1 Like

Harry McKay is more than decent at the physical contested marking stuff (not as good as Curnow but still pretty good) so in theory, it could work. Heā€™d just roam up the ground less so 2MP could do that.

Baldwin is the guy coming through whoā€™ll (well at least could) work best as a 1-2 punch with 2MP. Harry Jones as a third tall.

Baldwin cannot get off the ground to take a mark let alone contested marks. It might be his knees as just stuffed - but he cannot leap which is a huge issue for a key forward

He doesnā€™t need to be taking screamers.

If he can body himself into positions to take marks, and protect the ball drop, heā€™ll be fine.

4 Likes

Baldwin isnā€™t a key forward.

His hands are pretty good and he can take a contested mark just fine.

Donā€™t get me wrong, i donā€™t think he will make the grade but there is stuff he can do well enough.

1 Like

I donā€™t think it is that simple because Sheezel is more like Perkins/Rozee, and Snelling is a small/pressure forward. You would take a lot out of balance if you replaced Snellings with Sheezel, imo.

1 Like

Maybe not. Letā€™s hope Wright and Jones can convince us next year that we donā€™t need Harry.

We canā€™t afford to have a guy in our forward line like Snelling with his poor disposal and decision making.

A good coach and can teach Sheezel to ā€œpressureā€, whatever that is actually defined as.

3 Likes

Are Darling, Riewoldt and Mihocek key forwards?

2 Likes

Reiwoldt is but he also is reasonably agile and can stand on heads.

If by balance you mean improve, then l agree.

So Darling and Mihocek are not? Why? How do you define what a key forward is and why do you define it differently to the AFL and Champion data? Why should Lawry refer to players as key forwards when you deem them to be so instead of when the AFL and champion data does?

1 Like

Usually a KPF is tallish and is one of the main targets to mark the ball or bring it to ground when entering the forward line.

I havenā€™t seen anywhere where the AFL or CD have labelled them as KPF but of course iā€™m not like you as i donā€™t place much emphasis on stats and make my judgements mainly by what i see so maybe they have labelled them as that.

Either way i donā€™t really care.

1 Like

Like Baldwin, Darling, Riewoldt and Mihocek. Any tall marking player who spends the majority of there time in the forward line is referred to as a key forward by the AFL. Its one of my pet peeves when people seemingly gatekeep what is and isnt at key forward based onā€¦ I dont know what. Its rarely clear and it just confuses the issue.

I mean itā€™d be more unbalanced.

Snelling was our best pressure player last year and finished third in the B&F. He had two calf injuries and missed alot of games/training. I rate Snelling. Will bounce back next year

10 Likes

Should have been given a run in the VFL weeks ago. He has been injured and missed a lot of footy, but has under performed since his return. I hope he does bounce back next year, but this year he is a write off.

7 Likes