2022 trade speculation (Part 2)

Wonder if Zurhaar is a bit of a smokescreen as I’ve heard we have spoken to Ben McKay’s manager again

25 Likes

If we get Ross and throw $$$ at him he’d come

OH BABY!!!

1 Like

Fark here we go

1 Like

21 Likes

Is Harry contracted until end of 23?
They’d never let him go if that’s the case

1 Like

The case to go from North Melbourne to Essendon just isn’t anywhere near as compelling as it should be or needs to be right now.

Money wise, they would have as much free cap space as we do, both sides are bottom 4 and have both had off field troubles, North have just appointed a legendary coach that would pique your interest as a player to want to play under him while we currently have no coach.

I can understand players leaving North, but there are far better options out there than to come to us. Cash is just about our only lure at this point in time and North will have no dramas with their salary cap given where they are at.

Also I reckon most, if not all North players will be wanting to at least go along for the ride next year to play under Clarko.

I agree, at least on a superficial level. However there may be reasons why a player may want to leave their current environment for a different one which we may not understand or have access to.
On the surface it doesn’t make sense for a player to leave North if the alternative is Essendon and money is equal, but maybe we don’t fully comprehend their motives.

Thats a case for the now. Lets fast forward 3 weeks when we do have a coach and things have settled down.

What we have over North:

• A more advanced playing list
  • Better Facilities
  • Play in big games at the G like Dream Time and ANZA day
  • Opportunities to build “your” brand at a bigger club.

A player like Zurhaar is 24 yo, doesn’t he want to wait 5 years before looking at finals? Can he get more exposure and build his brand for off field opportunities while playing for North or would a bigger club like Essendon be better?

Yes in 2 years time Zurhaar could get to play for Essendon in an interstate final where the Dons are smashed.

4 Likes

Zurhaar is a weird one. Decent player but don’t see that he addresses such a need that we’d be willing to go all in.

1 Like

Essendon could be set to make a BIG offer to a Western Bulldogs midfielder.

Latest Trade whispers NZ goes ape for chocolate milk

4 Likes

HE’S COMING!

1 Like

I actually like this a lot.

5 Likes

If we want real experience, offer Mundy a 3 year deal (2 playing & 1 coaching), worth $800,000-$900,000 a year.

He is still playing great football. And he can just roam around the ground, while helping the younger boys.

Spitballing here but maybe Zuhaar could take Stringer’s place in the forward line and Jake could be our BBM.

I could see Zurhaar and Stringer rotating in that mid/fwd role. Hopefully Jake gets 2021 fit again and he can play a higher % as a mid.

6 Likes

I was thinking the other way around. I think Zuhaar has a better tank. 70/30 split with Zuhaar spending majority of time in the midfield

1 Like

Jake will never be fit enough to play full time mid.

5 Likes

Agree. But he can get back to 2021 fit Jake where he played more mid time than 2022.

1 Like