2022 trade speculation (Part 2)

For the right price, would be a good get.

Glad we dodged a bullet on his initial draft pick & recent big contract though.

Interesting that Fark Carlton didnā€™t put him in the forwardline, when that was seen as a strength of his at draft time.

1 Like

His VFL form was impressive, he found it hard to break into inside mid role at the blues when they had their full strength team in

3 Likes

Stocker and Setterfield are no world beaters but (provided they were not guaranteed any senior playing time) Iā€™d look at one/both as we simply need more midfield depth. Last year we typically had no AFL listed mids playing in the VFL (Ham/Cutler are wingers at best) - it led to the VFL team being uncompetitive until we got some non-listed reinforcements in. Beyond needing injury cover at AFL level, itā€™s critical to our development (particularly our bunch of developing talls) that we have a competitive VFL midfield.

6 Likes

You know what this club needs, more VFL quality players on its AFL list.

16 Likes

Fark me hobbs is bigger then all our main mids. The kid looks like a midget out on the field.

2 Likes

Very well put. We need to give our developing talls the best possible opportunities to get the ball too. We also desperately need outside pace and class with the ball, but we (should) have a fair few list spots to fill this off-season.

Setterfieldā€™s best games for FCFC (statistically, at least - I didnā€™t watch them) were his last two against the Dees and Pies. 24/26 touches, 5/5 clearances, 4/6 tackles against some good opposition. Which isnā€™t too shabby at all. Anyone know what sort of role he played in those games? His average stats kinda stink, but it looks like he was sub a lot, so i donā€™t know how much the averages can be relied on.

The Pies fans said Setterfield shut down De Goey in the middle when he played against them

I think I saw him playing a defensive role on the oppositions best mid in those games. Could be wrong. Think Oliver was one.

Iā€™d take Stocker, heā€™s hard at it, loves to tackle and put his head over it.

Setter field is a soft outside receiver, who adds nothing to our list, would rather keep developing Durham.

1 Like

No it wasnt.
I have argued with you heaps on here about Parish, and to be fair I came to agree with you about him this year.
But last year his disposal was miles better than it was this season.
His kicking dropped off a cliff this year compared to last, and his touches were significantly more damaging last year too.

1 Like

He tagged Oliver in the Dees game so he was exclusively on the ball (I know because Oliver was my SuperCoach captain - and yes, he still scored well, but he did do a reasonable job if curbing his impact).

No idea on the Collingwood game.

1 Like

Setters was pretty good in both the Melb and Pies game, had more midfield minutes without Hewett and then also also without Walsh in the last game.

Heā€™d fit right in

Itā€™s purely a size thing. Heā€™s a point of difference.

I dont think he is, its just where Carlton have decided to play him (wing), which is baffling TBH.

Im not advocating bringing him in though.
Just too limited (speed and skills).

1 Like

Ohh, I now see why Dodoro really wanted him.

1 Like

2 Likes

Setterfield really is more suited to us, and his form line is very similar to Brodies last year at the suns.

His stuck behind a throng of big huge mids at carlton.
If he comes into our team he would be the pillar and free up a Shiel to burst away, Merrett to have a poised kick, or even draw two bodies to get him down.

Stocker isnt a bad option but is sadly for his sake very similar to our already same same midfield

2 Likes

Had them covered last year.

Itā€™s their younger groups preparedness to run both ways this year we wonā€™t match.

1 Like