2022 trade speculation (Part 2)

He hasn’t got a go because he is soft, lazy and ordinary.
They have tried him forward and back and the bloke just can’t get a kick. Less than 10 touches in 13 of his 17 games for the season and some of those were playing as a loose man in defence.

1 Like

Not a fan of the term list clogger 'cause it tends to be used to justify list decisions in hindsight. Any player that comes in and helps with a sides development should be given more credit.

Don’t discount a players contribution to a team that has ultimate success despite the fact they may not be there to experience it themselves.

2 Likes

21 is pretty young to put a line through a player especially a key tall but I get your point.

I know nothing about McAsey, but from an EFC point of view I’d probably do that if list space allowed.

i’m saying those stats without context mean nothing.

how many score involvements were by foot ?

but like i originally said. whenever his kicking is brought up, the parish zealots do exactly what you just did, just throw out a whole bunch of stats to somehow disprove the original premise of his kicking is bad

blues have been linked to McCasey

I think it was Riley Beveridge who categorically ruled out Carlton getting him this week. No interest. From memory he gets good Carton mail.

I remember reading pre-draft that we were tossing up taking setterfield with number 1z

SMH

Hearing Harry Mackay will re sign for 5 years

1 Like

North made a monster 1.2 million a year offer for him

I remember watching Setterfield during his Draft year and thinking he was a likely superstar. Gave me serious Bont vibes. Not sure why it hasn’t quite clicked. As others have said he has been played out of position a bit.

Definitely worth a shot. Still the same age as McGrath

2 Likes

A bit deal from North is definitely enough to spark you into signing a big deal to stay…ew

1 Like

Ham looks good in the VFL too. Setterfield is a spud.

1 Like

Setterfield did his ACL in his first or second year slowed him down a bit.

1 Like

Swapping Francis for setterfield is a lateral move but one that balances the list out

4 Likes

Good. He can stay there or take a chunk of North’s

WARCHEST
A
R
C
H
E
S
T

2 Likes

I’d only want him in a Brodie type of deal, take the contract off their hands for a nice boost of our 3rd round pick.

It’'d at least give us more points for Alwyn and potentially the ability to combine two early 2nds into a nice 1st rounder.

Yet Collingwood are apparantly interested (don’t know how they get him under the cap?).

This makes me think of the comments when players leave us “would you go play elsewhere for money or stay for success”

Every single player that has left has played in / won finals (only excluding Saad at this point).

Imagine staying and watching all your old mates win or play in a grand final and/or going a bit deeper in the finals series.

Point being , your comment on our bank situation vs football club know how. I don’t know how we are doing Good money wise … we have some very very good sales people selling memberships… kind of reminds me of the simpsons when people in the grave including snowball the cat are voting for sideshow bob being mayor.

Quite sure all our members aren’t Alive or are even human. No way there’s that many stupid people.

History / Anzac Day and dream time.

1 Like