2022 trade speculation (Part 2)

Those who blame a single recruiter or list manager for not doing trades might want to look back over our year in comparison, to say, the premiers.

2 Likes

Heā€™s not going to set the world on fire.

But his premiership experience and the way he presents and performs looks pretty solid.
Could be a valuable contributor to developing the Culture we want.

2 Likes

Iā€™m interested in Thomas, but at what cost? He was in and out of a wooden spoon side this year and will cost a first rounder. If we can secure a late first, then Iā€™d do it, but not if itā€™ll cost a top 10 pick.

1 Like

Would like to see if we could get that first rounder potential out of him but considering what NM would want us to pay, I doubt weā€™d go there tbh.

Harmes scenario seemingly come about as theyā€™ve prioritised putting Brayshaw back into the middle.

Which would have been key to him staying

1 Like

Tarryn Thomas would be an amazing get. Had his issues this year but I think heā€™s an absolute star in the making as a mid.

5 Likes

There is a physicality to Harmes that I want.

I can see aspects our old mindset that we are trying to move on from in here assessing whether hes the one bloke thats going to make all the difference.

Im happy to incrementally add in hard blokes that increase our physicality. Melbourne were smart when they grabbed Melksham and Hibberd.

Does he make us a better team as a whole?

As a whole, I think we are a weak side that doesnt win enough hardball or stick enough tackles or run out games well enough.

Id happily add 3 Harmes types in.

You need a quota of toughness for all the stylish players eg Martin to thrive.

10 Likes

Heā€™s also been consistently best 22 at a very strong team. Indicates he is a bit more than just a plodder.

1 Like

My Richmond mates all reckon he could be their next captain.

North canā€™t expect a high first pick for TT. Heā€™s been in and out of the bottom side. Theyā€™ve damaged his value significantly already.

Iā€™d say a late first early second will get it done.

We need to take pick 7 from GC and split it apart for a couple of first rounders.

He is contracted so technically the ball is in their court. Given the JHF trade request, I highly doubt theyā€™d entertain two of their most talented youngsters requesting a trade unless it is a deal too good to refuse.

3 Likes

Donā€™t think theyā€™ll get much choice with the situation theyā€™re in

Unfortunately North are open to indigenous kids saying they donā€™t want to play under Clarkson.
If it goes that way I think Northā€™s hand will be forced - much like us after the saga.
Not saying theyā€™ll have to give him away but they may feel forced to get a trade done.

2 Likes

I am so so so glad Clarkson did not end up coaching Essendon. So glad.

22 Likes

Or they wait and year heā€™s gone anyway with his value even less. If I was Northā€¦ Iā€™d be ripping it all down and starting again (apart from a small few)

One for next year ticked off.

4 Likes

Holy ā– ā– ā– ā– !!

Would take Tarryn. T.

With the exodus at North lets ask the question of LDUā€¦

1 Like

The blues cap has to be tight as.
Someoneā€™s gotta be pushed out?

Tarryn Thomasā€¦yes please.
We would need to make it work for Pick 22 though, not our 1st rounders this year or next.

Not sure if its quite enough, even with his poor year.

3 Likes