2022 trade speculation (Part 3)

It was like, 38 wasn’t it?

I wonder what a coach who backs him in a side that has no big midfielders would do for him?

100% worth giving him a chance, if it’s essentially a swap for Francis (3rd round) I don’t understand why people have negative opinions about it.

13 Likes

35 disposals. Remember how great he was??

Has Setterfield got a brother maybe?.

6 Likes

And I agree, our VFL side could really use that.

He has a sister.

Sally Setterfield. Or maybe it’s Susie…

If we finish trade period with out Franc, and bringing in Setterfield then that would be a solid effort.

Bringing in Davey’s and maybe Munkara gives us excitement.

I would sleep at night.

However, Eyre, Reid, Cox, Brand and Cian will need to step up next year.

In Brad we trust.

8 Likes

You may be right. In your view, what’s the counter claim to Parish, Merrett, Hobbs, McGrath and Shiel (none of whom are taller than 6ft) being too small/similar to all fit in the one side?

Setterfield’s no world beater, but he’s better than at least 10 of the plodders on our list.

Just need to get the Nifty out and scour those FCFC stains off him…

Ham was in the 23, 11 times last season.

Im banking on he’ll probably get a few games.

7 Likes

Setterfield is a spud of the highest order.

1 Like

Compared to his teammates (incl reigning Brownlow medalist) these are the 3rd round pick’s stats in his last 2 games when played in position:

Round 22:

Round 23:

What a dud…

2 Likes

No doubt.

I have no issue with getting him.

I just see it as a depth move, rather than getting a new starting mid.

1 Like

Our AFL side could really use his type too, just have to see if he improves when played in his preffered position.

1 Like

Our next premiership midfield, hinges on Will Setterfield.

1 Like

Thanks for posting Furry

Setterfield for Francis would be a good net result. Simply rebalances the list a little.

I’m assuming we then live trade from the back end of 2023 draft depending on where the Davey bid comes from.

So we need to be looking for a club willing to part with a pick in the late teens probably for our pick 22 and be after something from 2023.

even if it is depth, its a win. we need better depth anyway. its very low risk, high reward like i said before

5 Likes

And I’m all for it.

Never said otherwise. And if it ends up him in for Francis essentially, that’s clearly a win.

I’m just not that excited about him.

I’m not. I think he is hot garbage.

im all chips in

SETTERFEST

2 Likes