2022 trade speculation (Part 3)

This trade reminds me very much of Peter Wright, low risk, high reward potential

7 Likes

Same, happy to get him for Francis, but not fussed too much.

I donā€™t think many are against getting him.
They just donā€™t think itā€™ll work out as weā€™d hope. But a ready made player who supported us as a kid that addresses a glaring deficiency in our list for third rounder? Worth a shot, surely.

2 Likes

Yep, hardly a world shattering option. Doesnā€™t work out? No big deal, does work out, bonus.

1 Like

In the past think weā€™ve forced players like McGrath and Merrett to play the inside clearance role which has negatively affected their strengths like providing link up possessions, speed away from stoppages and elite decision making.

Getting a better balance of Parish, Shiel and Setterfield as our clearance players with Merrett, Caldwell and McGrath on the end of the chain will increase their individual output while hopefully improving the team as a whole.

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait for him to Setterfield alight on Anzac day

10 Likes

I think thatā€™s a bit far.

Heā€™s a solid, one-paced, one-position, fringe AFL standard player, with a modicum of upside.

heā€™s a very good kick. PETER WRIGHT is licking his chops

3 Likes

If Setterfield can put on a few more kgā€™s of muscle in the next year or 2 he will actually be a really imposing midfielder. He allready has a massive frame, but heā€™s still a little bit wiry.

2 Likes

Merrett, Parish, Shiel, Caldwell, Setterfield & Hobbs.

Neale, Dunkley, McCluggage, Berry, Bailey, Rayner & Ashcroft

Petracca, Oliver, Brayshaw, Viney & Harmes.

Taranto, Hopper, Bolton, Graham, Prestia & Cotchin.

Parker, Warner, Mills, Gulden & Rowbottom

We will be competing with the big boys in no time.

He was heavier before Carlton moved him to the wing and he slimmed down. Should be over 90kg if hes told hes playing on ball.

1 Like

If you chucked Stringer in there (and I think you should), it be the only midfield there with 4 All Australians in it.

3 Likes

Add Draper, Perkins and Stringer as well as a competent coach to that mix and can see us being pretty competitive with most of those midfields.

1 Like

OH BABY!!!

GET ON BOARD!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!

Reigning premiers couldnā€™t make that list?

1 Like

Itā€™s hardly a sh*t midfield.

The balance, mix, structure is off.

The talent isnā€™t lacking.

1 Like

We arenā€™t going to change that, so it will remain that way.

Yep such a meh trade rather Mathieson at least that bloke will offer some grunt and mongrel in the middle also is not afraid to fly the flag for his team mates

No ones expecting us to win a flag in the next 3 years but if we can get the system right and develop that core group, can see us achieving top 4 within that time.

No one had Fremantle performing as well as they have with a midfield consisting of Brayshaw, Serong and Brodie either.