2023 BBFFL#2 Draft Discussion Thread

Yeah, it’s awkward. On the plus side, it’ might end up a bit like the real life Covid drafts, there’ll probably be some really good options emerge through the FA year.

2 Likes

Yep that’s him. He has had a decent scoring history Casey and scored well in the practice game on the weekend for the Dogs. Who knows.

1 Like

30 Jed Busslinger

Was thrown a bit of a curve ball by the way the draft went, with my main target at 30 gone. Busslinger was too good to pass up at this point, and as an intercepting tall defender in a side that has such depth in the role that a 32yo Liam Jones is expected to step straight in, I feel is a good long term prospect to lock down a role as soon as he’s even vaguely ready.

2 Likes

@Aceman your pick.

Back at you @DonToDeath

Pick done, you’re up @frosty.

1 Like

Nice pick. Very surprised to see Graham get to pick 39

1 Like

Strongly considered him at my pick.

1 Like

I did a double take when I saw him in the available players list. Happy with how it’s panned out, take the best 2 kids and one of Fiorini, Shuey or Graham with the 3rd.

1 Like

Thinking back why did I take Baker over him… the dual position status is huge even if the Richmond midfield is a chook lotto this season with Tarranto and Hopper coming in.

I like the Baker pick and had him on my shortlist, albeit a bit later.

I passed Graham for that reason, where does he play now?

Not sure he gets big midfield minutes anymore.

Time will tell.

1 Like

Second and third and fourth guessed, then took Conor. What am I doing? I really don’t know

Probably plays more forward now, and with Castagna retired there is a spot open. Will still rotate through midfield on occasion.

1 Like

IF they move Cotchin forward like they have said, he will still get time in there.

He’s a good pick imo and i was close to taking him and would have if he was there for my next pick.

@TrevorBix your pick.

@ivan I have messaged @TrevorBix to see if he has wifi on the plane and told him its his pick

1 Like

Haha if Bix is flying United at all message me, I’ll get him free wifi

1 Like

Too late, I already paid!! And i am united! Couldn’t get enough over the mid pacific, and still cant get the spreadsheet open. Toby McClean available?

No he’s one of my keepers

1 Like

I couldn’t pick Weightman if he was averaging 130 and available at my last pick.

2 Likes