2023 Essendon jumper

The early 2000s ones were itchy as fark. The “Orange” ones. Were those Fila that made those?

Yeah. Fila from 2000-2002.

Testament to much of a pain in the ■■■■ these jumper companies and their designers are.

Should be pretty easy to get right. But they stuff it up all the time.

1 Like

Does anyone know the answer to my earlier question about jumper designs regarding club logos and emblems? Is it AFL or club determined?

I dare say there would be guidelines in terms of the number, and size, of sponsor logos and where they can be located on the jumper. I know from my time doing apparel at my old cricket club we’d have to submit a design to the comp and they’d accept/reject it. I suspect this would be the case at AFL level too…

Didn’t EFC get in trouble a few years back about a shoulder trim (?) for some cause that the AFL hadn’t ticked off on?

That was the Ramanauskas Cancer yellow trim wasn’t it?

2 Likes

We got fined $20K for wearing yellow armbands against AFL directive. So that’s why we now have the yellow band around the cuff of the guernsey for the “Clash for Cancer” matches. It may have started in 2007 IIRC?

3 Likes

Answer is a bit of both. But conditions and requirements are stipulated by the AFL who determine “the style, design, colour, position and size of any name, trademark, logo or advertising appearing on any player” (AFL regulations 5.1).

So the line between what’s set to meet AFL standards, what is club design choice, and what was a determined change by the AFL, are all blurred. Doesn’t excuse that Amart logo though haha

2 Likes

I have some fantastic wool activewear, and woollen jumpers will keep you warm on a 1 degree C morning when the rain is coming in sideways. Lace ups were no good, but I have never had any issue with running around in wool jumpers …

Fk polyester. We need cotton. A more natural fibre, the players will be more comfortable, they’re more happy and they’re gonna play better.

5 Likes
9 Likes

Thank you

FUBU please

Or KANI

1 Like

FYI. A mate of mine who plays in my band also plays in Cush Ryder’s blues band. The CR T-shirts are made by “Winning Spirit” from a fabric which is 95% cotton and 5% elastane (for a bit of stretch). It would be very suitable for footy jumpers.

2 Likes

As bad as the Amart logo is the AFL logo is an abomination. It looks like a cheap, kids cartoon or something. They need to change that and make it look more professional ASAP. I don’t like the trim either. No need to Fark with tradition.

1 Like

I miss the old AFL logo with the Aus flag motif. Why’d they change it? Too “colonial”?

AMART logo would look better if they replaced the Blue or Turquoise or whatever that colour is with Black.

Totally agree about the AFL logo. Seriously looks so Gumby.

1 Like

Squared off, colour filled background logos suck. Simple as.