2023 FF Original Discussion Thread

I just made a change in my squad.

Its a bit convoluted though if you’re trying to move players from bench to onfield, it needs an extra step of removing the bench player first.

1 Like

Ahh, I’ve found that if you have an empty bench spot when the round begins, your empty bench spot is locked.

1 Like

In more unusual discoveries I have made, for some unknown reason I have not named Aliir Aliir in a team since round 3.

And Cooper Harvey is still on my list, albeit greyed out. He comes up as not tied to a BBFFL side in the player search function though.

I have 3 who are named first ruck this week

1 Like

Show off.

You can still change your side, but after the round starts it won’t let you swap within the 22, it will only let you replace players with those outside the 22.

If you’ve got an empty locked bench spot, let me know who you want to fill it with and I’ll be able to fix it for you.

Anybody greyed out are players you’ve delisted, but Bench keeps a reference to them on your list for some reason.

2 Likes

Typical geelong late change means I’m now playing with 17 and no ruck

1 Like

They are nothing but consistent. Every week they have a late out. Plays havoc for fantasy.

1 Like

Already had two players subbed! Shuey continues to frustrate after a dominant half then gets subbed whilst premiership hero Sam Taylor will miss a few weeks after being subbed too.

Should go down to @The_Mad_Bomber from here.

Cunnington in please.

@Dunlop can I LTI Sam Taylor please?

Not quite as grim as the current scores suggest. For some reason Ned Long is showing as “0” but he actually scored 49 ( not exactly great but better than a donut!) . Plus , Bergman didn’t play, so we’re going to end up using Ralphsmiths score tomorrow. So we’re actually 644 from 9, not 595 from 10.

Yeah. Really disappointing news as he’s one of my favourite backs to watch. He’s eligible to be elevated again anytime after Rd 12.

@saladin: Have emailed Bench admin about Long (as after checking his file he has no data, not even his game from '22), so hopefully that is fixed for future rounds. They don’t reply but they clearly read messages as Alwyn not receiving scores was fixed fairly quickly. If anybody else notices debutantes/new players aren’t registering scores including those not in your 22 @ me, so I can get their admin onto fixing it.

3 Likes

Benches finalised barring any late changes that I’ll have to deal with when home.
Final scores up tomorrow, will do everything at once so I don’t forget to alter sal’s score

Coming later in the week, the first improvement (or slide) year-on-year stats for all sides

Games still up for grabs:

Smoten: 33 + Pendles & Redman vs. wimmera’s Draper & Frampton - Smoten favourite

Dunlop: 118 & Mihocek vs. JBaller’s J.Kelly, Moore & Phillips - 6 rounds and the 5th of my games to come down to the final match - Line ball on predicted, I’d give JBaller the edge though

Best of luck to JBaller, Smoten & wimm

4 Likes

I could really use a win after a very lacklustre start. Best of luck mate :+1:

I’m a good chance for another win against @wezza.
252 lead + Setterfield v Caldwell, Ash Johnson, Durham + Ridley.

Edit: Fark me… I just realised I’m in the 8…

The sub really is a killer, lol. Got to the point last night where I didn’t want Ralphsmith subbed in! Patons 50-odd would’ve been preferable to 20 minutes from Hugo.

Dusty was ok, but Bolton is barely ticking over and Kosi was just outright poor. That killed off any chance.

Samson Ryan is showing a little bit though. A shame he didn’t kick the goal chances he had.

Tom Powell has a serious case of the North Melbournes . Was tonning up in his debut year, not getting near it atm. Gonna have to ride that one out and hope he finds his feet.

1 Like

I was sure i set my team, but looking like i’ve got a few donuts because of it.

1 Like

I must admit, the new interface has meant i’ve lost a lot of interest in fantasy football.

Previous years it was a ritual to set the team right after lineups dropped and to check live scores.

3 Likes

And players getting subbed is too! I’ve had three this week.

I think @The_Mad_Bomber will overrun me despite me being projected to win by 100.

2 Likes