2023 FF Original Discussion Thread

Farkkkkkkk. Forgot about the Thursday game. Just lost Wilkie and stockers scores from bench doing weird ■■■■. Knew I should’ve checked earlier

I checked before the game and was unable to make changes anyway.
Hence, Wardlaw in the team for the first time, W-M on interchange for the first time with 100+.

Anyway, it should still be a close game.

Seems to be fine again.

Only Saints and Swans locked in.

1 Like

Whilst I did warn everybody to check Bench early in the week to avoid issues, I’m happy to create empty spaces where teams need them in order for them to take their normal players that Bench moved to their benches. Just advise me as to what you want done

Otherwise you’ve always got those injured or players that aren’t selected or emergencies that you can plug into your sides to take your normal players’ scores.

@wimmera1 @Alber_Goodthur

I have a full side.
I’m happy to cop the L if that’s how it works out.

I’m just saying that immediately before yesterday’s game, The Bench did not give me the opportunity to make certain changes, and that I have never dropped W-M, I have never played Wardlaw, and that wouldn’t have been my choice this week either.

Would I have mentioned it if W-M scored 30?
Probably not.

I’m happy with whatever the league considers fair.
I’m neither tanking, nor looking for special treatment.

Why wouldn’t you move Wardlaw to the bench and name Ellis or Goater in his place to take NWM’s score?

1 Like

If that works then I’ll totally do that now.
If that’s okay.

Edit: done.
Just hope that doesn’t upset anyone.

@Alber_Goodthur, you’ve got Burgoyne, Hustwaite or Williams you can use to take Stocker & Wilkie’s scores.

1 Like

Why would it upset anyone?

Plenty of teams loop, this is just restoring your preferred side to if Bench hadn’t interfered.

1 Like

Perhaps I’m just overly cautious.

Tried to get Hustwaite and Burgoyne on field but getting the no go symbol from bench

Must’ve worked mate, as they’re both selected on-field from my end.

1 Like

I’d like to swap JOM out of the midfield with Atkins to take his spot, and Himmelberg moved into Atkins’ position down back please @Dunlop

Done.

Who do you want in the #3 emg spot that Himmelberg was in?
@Crazy_Bomber

Anybody else having issues - let me know I’ll stay online until game-time

1 Like

@Dunlop I have an empty spot in my backline can I move Fahey there and Rhylee West into the midfield to fill the spot vacated by Fahey please?

Done. Did you have someone to fill emg #3 - which is now empty?

1 Like

Probably Jesse Motlop.

Not sure how Butler was not named in my 22 at all.

I’ve been sick the last week so didn’t have time, but can I just say what a huge loss the competition is for losing Dunlop as the league boss. Coaches can come and go, but this is akin to a hammerblow to this league such was his influence and calm leadership through the years. This league started in 2006 and was my first keeper league, and I can absolutely thank Dunlop for being the sole reason for my passion for these competitions, in what started as a side hobby, quickly etched into me checking my phone regularly and anxiously hoping my draft pick fell through at work.

For those that haven’t had to handle admin work for these kind of leagues, it’s a bloody nightmare and at times stressful, and I reckon I did only a small portion of what he did each week. Dunlop not only did the work mostly as the sole man for many years, but went above and beyond every single week, year after year for over 17 years now. From the live scores through the weekend, which back in the day was completely unique, to the regular updated ladders to the spreadsheets to the drafting/free agents and everything inbetween the work involved was absolutely insane. Not to mention dealing with personal squabbles from countless coaches and also having the kindness to check on many people personally, plus the score improvements year on year etc, he was far more than just a league admin. Literally hours upon hours poured into making this the best keeper league comp each week, which on my part, felt insulting if I didn’t give 100% back for someone that gave so much of his free time each week to give a bunch of blokes some fun.

In terms of your “mistakes” I think you’re too harsh on yourself and probably hold yourself to impossibly high standards. For the way I left the admin part, was on me and me alone, and you have nothing to worry about there, we all moved on and this competition would have been nothing if not for your firm hand and guidance over the years. On behalf of myself and I’m sure every coach in the league now, past and present, thank you for making this the best and most fun keeper league I’ve ever been apart of. Cheers mate! I hope you stick around Blitz at least too and enjoy just watching football.

Also to fogdog, whom was probably buried under the Dunlop news, It’ll be sad to see such a fierce competitor leave the competition. I wish you nothing but the best in your post league retirement, I’m sorry our relationship soured but I hope your next chapter brings happiness.

7 Likes

I’m pretty shithouse at taking compliments - so I’m struggling a bit with this, but thanks to those who have shared some very kind words.

Current & Predicted Scores - An extended round means I’ve had time to go old school, obviously predicted could drastically change once the KB teams are released tonight

AG 992 (16) vs. Smoten 1028 (13)
Predicted: 1154 vs. 1458

wezza 755 (12) vs. redbull 1066 (15)
1175 vs. 1287

Mad 819 (11) vs. Dill 992 (15)
1280 vs. 1179

Neela 807 (12) vs. wimmera 734 (11)
1237 vs. 1189
Neela 1 short with Bowey out concussed and Lachie Jones not named in the 22

topdon 1058 (15) vs. Blummers 1075 (15)
1291 vs. 1293

Jefferson 866 (12) vs. Trotters 826 (10)
1195 vs. 1467

Dunlop 634 (8) vs. Allblack 826 (10)
1366 vs. 1288

saladin 540 (8) vs. Craze 1095 (12)
1276 vs. 1565

JBaller 812 (10) vs. Stoops 802 (10)
1302 vs. 1414 - Already features Scott’s score in place of Oliver; JBaller will be 1 short if Kelly doesn’t play

6 Likes