2023 FF Original Discussion Thread

The bye Wk 2 spreadsheet has been distributed featuring all the necessary data for the MSD players - ignore the first version as that doesn’t have the spreadsheet attached.

2 Likes

@Dunlop i have tried this for the trade I’ve just completed with @JBaller92 but it’s saying Patrick Dangerfield is unavailable.

Can you assist please?

I’ll delist Jayden Davey.

Going all in on this season @Trotters … I like it

3 Likes

For full transparency….
Dylan Shiel is a waiver on thebench. Not sure how that happened.
He’s not available.

Keep an eye on Dunlops thread for the correct list.
Link below.

1 Like

No different from any other year. Cashing in on kids to strengthen this years team. Bit like Gulden last year.

3 Likes

Lol. Probably did that when I was trying to delist Jayden Davey :man_shrugging:

I had been thinking of retiring from league 2 before this season, but after Dunlop and Trotters announcements i’ve been thinking about it again.

@Dunlop / @redbull thank you for everything you’ve done for the leagues, but i’m going to retire from both leagues at the end of the season.

Never thought I would quit. Loved Free Agency and especially the Draft periods, but it’s been a real drag this year and haven’t really had full interest in the results.

Part lack of time, lots due to the time/effort required with The Bench (and uncertainty with the future platform) and a general frustration with the way AFL is played/umpired now. My son has even quit auskick due to lack of interest and wants to play soccer instead.

I’ll continue to field teams and will look to trade smartly to make sure the new owner to my teams has a solid foundation for future.

Sorry to be another one bailing.

7 Likes

No problems.
It’s understandable.

I’ll be fully transparent. This year was going to be my final year in this comp. This last rebuild through Covid has been really taxing. Weirdly, I’ve found a second wind and will see how things go next year.

Hopefully, we find a decent platform and way forward next year.

7 Likes

FAs have been processed.

@jballer. I wasn’t sure if you still wanted to delist Anthony Scott first or the other player you wanted to delist. Just confirm when you get a chance.

Note to all…
Previously, I used to count incorrect picks as a void pick. Given I run a check of every pickup now (on the bench and Dunlop’s list) I automatically skip the void pick.

Best of luck to everyone.

2 Likes

I would like to drop Connor West, sorry for the confusion, just read that it was a mess of a week

1 Like

Trade has gone through. I’m not sure Bench will let you do uneven player trades.

Shiel has been restored to your squad.

I’ve re-enabled waivers due to the trade period as players may be delisted outside of the 24-48hrs after FAs, so if anybody runs into the “please submit a waiver claim” rubbish for FA players, try again, if its still being cantankerous @me and we’ll fix it for you. If you want them in your 22 please specify as I won’t be online again until close to game-time.

@topdon - If you want to play Rampe, you’ll need to delist someone or nominate a new LTI to swap him with. Tag me in here so I can update my records

1 Like

@Dunlop Tom McDonald is listed as 6-8 weeks. Can I LTI him for Rampe?

2MP is back!

I’ll be delisting Joe Richards to elevate Wright off the LTI list.

1 Like

Yep

@You_Shall_Be_Smoten: If Lipinski ends up being named, same deal, you can nominate a new LTI or delist someone to play him

In less happy news, Burton and Coleman omitted.

Our depth continues to be stretched.

LOCKOUT
Rolling lockout this week. No clue when the KB’s teams will drop, so check the AFL site either Saturday or Sunday night.

Given it’ll be a rolling lockout, if you have any trades to make, be aware that your squads may not lock, so any trades made may affect your teams for the round.

Any completed offered trades on Bench, will pop up in a separate trades tab on the top line. You won’t be notified in either of the team pages.

3 Likes

You’d have to be ridiculously happy with Sheldrick’s 1st AFL game as a mid @Blummers32 - 19p and 6 tackles in less than 2/3rds game time.

1 Like

It’s been a patient wait to finally see what he was doing in the reserves last year.
He and Roberts were supposed to be ‘ready to go’ when drafted.
There’s no such thing at Sydney.

thebench is getting a bit frustrating.
I can’t get Sheldrick’s bench score to count because it’s locked all the bye players and for some obscure reason, it’s locked the positions of Freo, Melbourne and GC players.
I’ve brought Brayden Cook into the midfield as a dedicated 0.

The team selection is the worst part of thebench.

Edit…
@Dunlop Are all my Essendon players supposed to be locked too?

Same thing with locking bye players and Essendon, Richmond, Fremantle and Collingwood players too.