2023 Injury updates and news

A place to provide latest injury updates from the club, track watchers and other information sources.

I’ll try to provide a summary of what we know so far (5th December 2023)

• Caldwell - Semi modified training, coming back from shoulder surgery
  • Cox - Rolled ankle week of 28th November, back walking around at training
  • Stewart - Still struggling with foot issues, hasn’t started running yet
  • Jones - Been in modified training and missed some sessions lately (unknown reason)
  • Stringer - Not in peak fitness, he mentioned at sportsman’s night he was just cleared to resume high intensity training after his big concussion in rd23. He is also battling a groin concern from 2022, won’t be in full training until Jan.
  • McBride - Has not trained on the ovals this pre-season. Unknown reason
  • Walla - Not in peak fitness, working way back from retirement
  • Tex - Not in peak fitness, coming back from foot surgery in mid 2022. In modified training
26 Likes

When is he not

7 Likes

Good luck keeping this up to date, but kudos for the effort.

2 Likes

Is the sole point of this thread, as opposed to a general injury list thread, to enable a “didn’t get a full pre-season” list?

2 Likes

Reluctant to speculate on Wright’s injury after someone once asked me “are you a doctor” but anyway to me it looked like a hamstring. He trudged off walking in some discomfort with his head bowed.

That’s the easier option.

Players yet to be injured this pre-season list

It is one of the reasons, yes.

Plus the club generally doesn’t provide a comprehensive injury update until matches start

2 Likes

Tom Lonergan at Carlton talking about how fit and dangerous both McKay and Curnow are.

Yet we have Jones who’s always injured an in modified training group

1 Like

Players at different stages. Don’t have to go back too far to find Curnows injury struggles in particular.

3 Likes

You mean the Curnow who has been injured more than he has been available in his career?

7 Likes

Curnow was able to get over his injuries why cant Jones?

How long did it take him?

3 Likes

idk

1 Like

Exactly.

5 Likes

I’m not getting my hopes up with Jones

Kicks 50 goals wins the Critchon,our best foward since Llyod and does a hammy at training wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

Essendon can never have nice things

That’s fine. But using comparisons that don’t support your argument probably doesn’t help.

1 Like

Curnow is 25. Jones is 21.

3 Likes

In other words 3 years to get over his injuries

if he’s still injured by 25 i would have major concerns

FOUR MORE YEARS!
FOUR MORE YEARS!
FOUR MORE YEARS!

6 Likes