2023 Injury updates and news

just don’t.

1 Like

Hun reporting that BZT is in rehab with Cox and Reid. Anyone know what is wrong with BZT?

We do not need that.

Yeah that’s a word that will get obscured by the forum.

Update - 22nd of Feb

• Reid - (Back) “stress” injury, long term (12 weeks, which he is 10 weeks into). Has now started running at a slow pace
  • Stewart - (Foot) Running at a good pace, doing some leading drills. Now just building fitness base
  • Cox - (Back) Running at a good pace now, should be a week away from main training
  • Tsatas - (Knee) surgery 6 -8 weeks (aiming for rd 4/5 return)
  • Stringer (Hamstring) severity unknown but looks to be out for next 2-3 weeks
  • Guelfi (Calf) rehab training, running at a good pace, 1 to 2 weeks away
  • Hobbs (Calf) rehab training, running at a good pace, 1 to 2 weeks away
  • Zerk (Corkie) Not sure if it will keep him out for the GC game or not
  • McBride (unknown) In rehab group, injury unknown

*J. Davey and Munkara - modified fitness and strength programs, timeline to return to play unknown

10 Likes

I thought J. Davey was on the LTI list so he won’t play this season?

stringer hamstring. 8

we are nearly at the half way mark for soft tissue injuries from last year and the pre season practice games haven’t even begun lol

2 Likes

I still don’t know how that fraud survived the review

Update - 1st of March

• Reid - (Back) “stress” injury, long term (12 weeks, which he is 11 weeks into). He is now running and completing modified training

• Stewart - (Foot) Back into full training. Now just building his fitness base

• Cox - (Back) Currently in and out of main training. Building fitness

• Tsatas - (Knee) surgery 5 -7 weeks (aiming for rd 4/5 return)

• Stringer (Hamstring) running at a good pace 2-3 weeks is the estimate

• Guelfi (Calf) running at a good pace, looks about a week off main training

• Hobbs (Calf) running at a good pace, looks about a week off main training

• Langford (Back stiffness) - slow running, time out unknown

• Heppell (Foot) - in a moon boot for next few weeks

• Zerk (Corkie) Back into full training

• McBride (unknown) Back into full training

• J. Davey - modified fitness and strength programs, timeline to return to play unsure for this year

• Munkara - in between modified and full training, timeline to return to play unknown

29 Likes

Thanks!

1st March not Feb I assume……

Also where are you getting these updates from?

3 Likes

Some info from the media, some from other track watchers I know and some from my own eyes if I go to training.

Hopefully the club puts out their own injury report soon, as most fans will have no idea why player x and y are missing from games if they don’t absorb info from outside sources

16 Likes

Loving your work mate :+1:t2:

5 Likes

I’ve posted and asked before - I am fairly certain that he was placed on the inactive list and he was the reason that we had a spot available for SSP. if that’s the case, doesn’t that mean he can’t play at all this season? Therefore, like Munkara, we shouldn’t expect to see him play this year?

The in-active list does rule a player out of AFL level football, but he did say to us training watches that he hope to be back mid season. Does that mean he can only play at VFL level? Or does it mean he can be put back onto the list if there is a spot? I not sure. But he will be injury free by then.

Munkara can play whenever the club feels he is ready. I would think he will play many VFL games.

1 Like

Yep would have Munkara in same camp as Mosquito in his first year with us, he was still studying at school and mainly played VFL barring injuries.

Munkara will do some exciting stuff at VFL level and I will probably be putting his name up for a debut, when he is likely still weeks/months away from being in contention.

2 Likes

And it’s about right

Cox, Guelfi, Langford and Stewart are all back into full training and expected to play some game time in the VFL vs Frankston on Saturday.

Hobbs is 50/50 to play at this stage.

Tsatas is out of the brace but has not started running yet.

Heppell also out of the moon boot

20 Likes

Thanks @All-Star_Bomber_18

I like the fact that Stewart is finally right to go. He’s had a shocking run of it in recent times.

Any news on Caldwell?

Wasn’t spotted at training but that’s expected. But no news on severity of the ankle injury

1 Like

Of the five mentioned, are any realistically a chance of playing round 1?