2024 FF Original Discussion Thread

Very pleased to start with a win. Historically I don’t start well. Quite surprised I had the highest score this week.

Would be interested to know which team had the most of their new draftees in their team?

I had my first three picks.

Connor McKeena (pick 50)
Harry Cunningham (pick 86)
Dane Ramle (pick 104)

I had none.
They all sat on the bench and got the Brad Scott new draftee recruit treatment.

One may make it into my 18 next week. Not too sure how to set up next week.

1 Like

Played 2 short and had 2 subs on the field.

Match that with abominable showings from 8 of the remaining 16 and I don’t crack 1000.

Think it’s going to be a long season

1 Like

I had 5 should have been 6 out of 10

Two for me. McVee and Young, plus Greenwood who didn’t get a game.

Is FA the same as last year? Submitted via PM by Wednesday night?

Edit- just worked out how to see the available players on the app, looks like you can only do so by clicking on your player and then hitting the FA button.

Go to players.
Open up ‘more filters’.
Then switch all players to free agents.

It is far easier on the website at a desktop though.

1 Like

Bye scores are going to be a bit more difficult to manage on AFL Fantasy.
It’s not as simple as just adding a certain number into a field and it’ll add it to whatever the score is that round. I have to change the overall score.

In order to not make it so difficult to manage, please make sure you are putting your Calrton and Brisbane players that you want to use their opening round score either on the bench or in the 18.
Throughout Sunday’s games, I’ll go through each team and if you have a bye player amongst your 18 and all forwards, mids, rucks and defenders in the 18 have already played and scored, I’ll remove the emergency player from your team selection so that the system doesn’t replace the bye player with the emergency player.
This way by Sunday night, I’ll have the overall score in the system and I’ll just need to add the opening round score to it and override the overall score in the system.
I’ll go through and check the scores on Monday to make sure the calculations are accurate.

If you see any problems, please raise them as you go.
I’m still trying to sort out how to use AFL Fantasy so there’s likely to be teething issues with it.
Unfortunately, from what I can tell, you can’t share admin rights which is a bit of a pain.

Updated injury lists are published tonight.
FA is tomorrow night after the St Kilda and Collingwood team sheets are in.
There are no rucks and midfielders available unless Collingwood and the Saints bring them in.
Defenders and forwards are short of supply as well. There are only 4 defenders who are averaging 40+. There are 12 forwards who are averaging 40+. And that’s with 5 forwards and defenders in the team lineup.
I still think an extra forward instead of a mid would be the better balance for the default AFL fantasy positions but it’s still too early to tell how coaches manage their lists and what will come of the multi positional players through the year.
It’ll be interesting to monitor FAs through the season as injuries and LTI mount up and less ‘surplus players’ are being held within the list of 30.

3 Likes

Loooooool.

1 Like

Freaking @Windy_Dill pipped me by 7 points!

Didn’t help one was a sub and another pooped his scores! But promising scores to get started

1 Like

Thanks so much!!

You’re pretty unlucky there!

Happy with how the squad is shaping up and the first up performance. Really need a first choice ruckman though.

1 Like

Mate your squads locked and loaded for the next decade, will be a force

Plenty can and will go wrong!

As I’m experiencing.

Goaters year done, now Brennan Cox out for 12. That’s my backline done

Will Day still 5 weeks away is not what we wanted to hear.

Just read the hawks one, CJ’s timeline keeps extending also

Same process as last year or we nominating on the new platform?

Same as last year.
Send PMs to @FF_Original_FAs.

We can’t use the Fantasy AFL way until next season.

Edit…
We can probably trial the AFL Fantasy way one round this year, but because we dropped ‘waivers’ everyone else is fair game and a free for all.
I tried to remove the waiver system halfway through last season because it was barely being used, but for memory, Dunlop was against large changes of rules during the season unless absolutely necessary and I want to try and maintain that as much as possible because the comp is looking to be hard enough as it is without changing rules during the season.

2 Likes

FAs have been processed.

Pick up the players AFL fantasy before tomorrow nights game.
I’m not sure if you can drop and pickup players whiles a round has started.

@Awesome_Scotty. Tom Brown is on @Crazy_Bomber list so that’s a void pick.

Good luck to all the coaches.

2 Likes