2024 FF Original Discussion Thread

I really think he’s more of a defender than a mid but I won’t complain.

I dropped him 12 months ago after the league voted to strip him of R status. Just thought it was funny that AFL fantasy have added it back.

1 Like

Some of the positions are baffling.
I’m glad Farrell is a back. He’s been playing there since he started.
I wouldn’t have thought Florent was a defender. Although he did play there at times for Sydney this round.
I am surprised that Mackenzie is a forward. I would have thought FC would be right for him but always thought he played more midfield than forward.
No way Brayden Cook is a midfielder if Mackenzie is a forward. He’s played predominantly forward in seniors, so I don’t get where that came from.
The rest of mine are more less reasonable.

1 Like

Considering I’m one short, it’s been a reasonably solid opening. Hopefully with 5 in action today we can get up towards 1300.

1 Like

I had Florent last season and from what I saw he only played back - hence his scoring took a hit.

1 Like

Every swans game I watched last yesr he was coming off the back flank

2 Likes

Tom McDonald back in defense is very pleasing. Even better when he gets B status.

Jack Billings!! That’s a fair effort.

3 Likes

Didn’t start him after his sub game last week, was always going to score well after that

Anyone know if you get a notification if your player is named as the sub?

I don’t think you do which is annoying

1 Like

Damn.
I’ll check back in today and tomorrow to see how we can add scores to games (for future bye averages).
It’s pretty clear we can’t do that until the last game is played. Could be tied to the ‘rolling lockout’ we have every round.

Bergman dominating for you Blummers

1 Like

Yeah. Noticed that. He was the spare defender in that trade that I wasn’t really worried about.
I had him on the bench as I thought Williams would score better. Turns out he’s become my best defensive scorer.
Still lots of work to do. I’ve had three extra players on @Stoops and I’m only 100 in front of him.

Wow, @Stoops very stiff cops three midfield donuts but leaves 180 on the bench that would have counted last season with the 6-6-6-1 setup.

Interesting first round scores.
I expect a lot of people to get better very quickly but, considering I left around 120 on the bench, 1290 would have been a pretty decent score and I might get a few wins this year.
Which would be nice.

Edit: ohhhh, wait? Does everyone have bye scores to be added on?
lol. That would make more sense.

Rd 1

THE GOOD
McGovern started the year off well, no Doc or Weitering, has seen him become the go to for the intercept or exit kick.

Nic Martin started super well, his 3rd qtr was concerning, but finished well.

Nash showed last year wasn’t a one off and will be a good player yet again.

Clarry is back being the bull leading the way, Max feeding him tap after tap.
Harvey Gallagher and Caleb Windsor playing on each other was fun and made it easy for me to track them. Both looked ok.

Harris Andrews, he’s just good.

THE BAD
Cottrell didn’t get near the pill until the end of the 2nd quarter, bloke was just out there for a jog.

Erasmus the sub, horrible sub choice as he is not an explosive needle mover.
Seb Ross being subbed out hurt, started well then just forgot about getting the ball.
Windsor being subbed also wasn’t ideal, although it was at least the back end of the 4th.

THE UGLY
Brads selection, Hind was our only good small fwd all preseason, didn’t even get selected as sub. I honestly think Brad just dislikes Nick.

My selection to take Spargo over Kade Chandler looks a blunder.

Oscar freaking McDonald’s arrival to freo, looks to have completely destroyed Brennan Cox fantasy wise.
But a hammy injury makes it a mute point anyhow.

Lastly, my man the Goat, absolute heartbreak and who knows if the kid will make it back from here. Finally got on the park and was looking on his way career wise.

No bye scores this round.
They come into affect from next round.
Anyone with Carlton or Brisbane players can get their first round score to substitute the bye.
I just need to see how I apply the extra scores on AFL Fantasy.

1 Like

1335 with a midfield donut, no Coleman and a few best 18 players who didn’t reach their likely season average. A pleasing start. But I need at least one of our injured mids - preferably Day , but really i’ll take any of them atm - to resume asap. And Marchbank in a week or two , and Bailey Macdonald a week or so after that, to hopefully give us some backline options.

McAuliffe and Clarke both had really good outings in the VFL so they might be in the frame soon too.

Best of all, as far as I can tell, we didn’t cop any more injuries from round 1. I really want to avoid the FA revolving door stop gap circus if I can.

4 Likes

I think it’s a given.
I need a backup defender and looking at what’s available doesn’t fill me with much confidence.