2024 FF Original Discussion Thread

@Awesome_Scotty I really like that Hardeman pick, should be a good chance now Goater is injured.

1 Like

Of course Adelaide have dropped Sholl. Gets scapegoated by Nicks every single time.

Iā€™ll be two short in the midfield.

That was Matt Crouch last year. So far so good.

1 Like

He-Man Harry Barnett comes in for his 1st run this year, the Hotdons are excited!
Weā€™re finding joy in the little things after coping a beating on the injury front to begin the season.

4 Likes

Thought Iā€™d be a chance to field 18.

Shield and Husthwaite as emergencies, hopper late out with a knee injury, and still no ruck

Ben Miller into the 22 gives me 18 players to pick from.

Really happy with how this squad is coming together. Only three players over 23 and average age of 21.9. And the oldest players are just fillers Miller (24 yo), Fiorini (26 yo) and Oā€™Connor (27 yo) while some of the young talent in reserve come good.

4 Likes

Who we paying entry fee to this year?

1 Like

Oh ffs. Looks like a hammy to Dangerfield. So thatā€™s Neale, Docherty and Dangerfield all injured and Brad Crouch dropped. Four premium mids and not even a single spud mid in the FAs to replace them.

Iā€™ll PM my bank account details later on.

Regarding this roundā€¦
Bye scores are going to be fun to sort out. AFL Fantasy wonā€™t let me remove players as an emergency. In fact, the players that are locked in place, remain locked in place and I can only shift around players who havenā€™t played (which is the bye players).
Farking lot of good being admin is on that platformā€¦

Lots of funā€¦
Iā€™ve taken snap shots of each team and Iā€™ll sort it out later on tonight or tomorrow morning.

@Alber_Goodthur. Can you please confirm that Jarrod Berry from Brisbane was to be your midfield emergency? I think I switched him out accidentally, so Iā€™ve brought him back in as the emergency.

1 Like

This is a freaking weird comp.
Iā€™m kinda loving it.

3 Likes

He was meant to be. Not that it would have made a difference to this ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  of a list

I am not loving it.

Re built the list with a view of 5 mids. Now 2 of those are injured and I have no idea where/how to find more mids to make me competitive

1 Like

Oh yeah.
Itā€™s screwed everyoneā€™s plans.
Itā€™s a complete mess, and the scores reflect that.
An injury or two and you are screeeeewed.
The ramifications of where we go next year, all of it is so random.
It makes me laugh.

A rejuvenated Yeo could be there to ease some woes for the right price :palm_up_hand:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have to check these scores one more time prior to updating AFL Fantasy.

Bomber Pride Mitcham Dons
AFL Fantasy Score 1264 992 AFL Fantasy Score
81 Zac Bailey
Final Score 1264 1073 Final Score
Hotdons Knights of Columbus
AFL Fantasy Score 1035 1294 AFL Fantasy Score
Harris Andrews 73 82 Harry McKay
Mitch McGovern 90
Final Score 1198 1376 Final Score
Mildura Crunchas SFNL Windy Dill
AFL Fantasy Score 1005 1199 AFL Fantasy Score
70 Darcy Wilmott
Final Score 1005 1269 Final Score
Excitement Machines Conargo Bulls
AFL Fantasy Score 1035 1106 AFL Fantasy Score
Nic Newman 83 68 Hugh McGluggage
Patrick Cripps 78 45 Jack Carroll
94 Jarryd Lyons
Final Score 1196 1313 Final Score
Arizona Trotters Singapore Bombers
AFL Fantasy Score 1108 1175 AFL Fantasy Score
Lachie Neale 75
Charlie Curnow 72
Lincoln McCarthy 72
Tom McDonald -51
Final Score 1276 1175 Final Score
Essington FC Saracens 1
AFL Fantasy Score 874 1026 AFL Fantasy Score
Zac Williams 69 61 Lewis Young
Eric Hipwood 56 47 Matthew Kennedy
Jarryd Berry 60
Jase Burgoyne -58
Tyson Stengle -70
Final Score 931 1134 Final Score
Red and All Blacks Chiswick Cockatoos
AFL Fantasy Score 1080 1358 AFL Fantasy Score
Josh Dunkley 104 59 Adam Saad
Dayne Zorko 105 82 Oscar McInerney
Callum Ah Chee 76
Charlie Cameron 60
Oskar Baker -92 -43 Bailey Williams
Final Score 1333 1456 Final Score
Pimpinio Tigers HDFL Sunbury Seagulls
AFL Fantasy Score 1216 1417 AFL Fantasy Score
Blake Acres 69 77 Adam Cerra
Shaun Mannagh -45 -46 Sam Berry
Final Score 1240 1448 Final Score
topdonā€™s topdonkeys Flanders
AFL Fantasy Score 1175 1135 AFL Fantasy Score
George Hewett 100 47 Brodie Kemp
74 Cam Rayner
39 Jaspa Fletcher
Final Score 1275 1295 Final Score

Also, if someone could volunteer to help out with calculating the final scores during bye rounds it would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Riding my luck this week. Managed to win by 100 despite an absolute disaster round of selection and injury.

Certainly helps when your opponent has three donuts and leaves 150 points on the bench!!

Iā€™m riding my luck as well.
I have a young midfield and there is no way they last the year. So the arse will fall out of my team by the time round 12 or 13 comes around.
Iā€™m hoping multi position players save me a bit here.

Iā€™ve built the team incorrectly for the way our team lineup is set. In one way, itā€™s easier to hold on to developing forwards and defenders, but they wonā€™t hold as much value over time. They may also be tougher to trade than previous years.
Not sure how to handle my team moving forwards yet. Have barely had time to assess it properly.

Iā€™m doing what I can with what I have, but itā€™s ugly stuff. 2MP is going to be another unavailable player for 3 or four weeks.

On the plus side, McAuliffe was best-on for Richmondā€™s reserves so may not be far from a debut, which will help the midfield donut situation somewhat.

I feel like my draft was decent for the situation but the Ward injury has destroyed the midfield balance and it was so late in the draft that usable mids were gone. Plus Day and Dow still injured. Weā€™ll battle on and hope that our opponents are similarly plagued.

Hey @Blummers32

I had Wilmot in my 18, who had the bye this weekend. Should his bye score count towards my final score?

1 Like

Yep. Iā€™ll update it.

Edit: Updated original post.
If there are any aothers, just let me know.
Iā€™ll go through and check them again tonight.

2 Likes