2024 FF Original Discussion Thread

Thanks mate!

2-0 for the Dills after winning 3 games last year! I reckon a mid-table finish is possible with this young squad. Losing Liam Henry for 6-8 weeks is a blow, but Harvey Thomas scored 100 in his third game, so a replacement from outside the 18 is ready to step up.

3 Likes

Being down a ruck for the foreseeable future is going to hurt me bad

1 Like

After the start you’ve had, aim higher!! The way you turn your team around, you’ll be a contender next year if not this year.

Well done Bob, congratulations on the win, you have turned it around pretty quickly.

2 Likes

Happy to do the bye score update next week.

If everyone posts/confirms their bye players and I’ll check on the app too. 2024 average right?

1 Like

Nah.
The bye averages for the next few rounds are whatever they got in their Opening Round game.

The midyear ones are averages.

2 Likes

Results checked and updated.

Ladder updated too.

4 Likes

Love your work.

Hmmm. Highest against. That’d be right.

1 Like

Brad Crouch out for 6-8 weeks. Joins Docherty, Neale and Dangerfield.

Four mids injured. That’s a disaster when you need to field 7 of them.

5 Likes

Hi all,

Just remember today is injury list updates day.
And tomorrow is FA night.

@AVanderScreamer has been handed a warning for not attempting to field a team. He listed Parfitt on the bench when he was selected whilst carrying a donut on the field.
Even though Parfitt was an emergency, the least that can be expected is that he’s named on the bench (just in case.

In the past there were no hard and fast rules on this so it was difficult to know how far you could push the limit between waiting for youngsters to develop and fielding 18 scoring players weekly.

Given this, we’ve put together a framework of rules around this which we wouldn’t mind your input on.

Not Attempting to Field a Full team Rules:

Not attempting to field a full team is the following:

• Not fielding 5 forwards or 5 defenders in your 18.
  • Not naming players selected in their AFL teams as your emergency. Even if they are picked as emergencies in their AFL teams, they should at least make your emergency list. You shouldn’t be taking 0s and having players outside your 22 scoring when they could have been named as emergencies.
  • Due to the lack of midfielders and rucks, these positions will be dealt with extremely leniently.
    However, if one is available in the FA pool (that is selected in their AFL’s team at the time of FA selection) and you neglect to fill your gap, you are effectively not attempting to field a full team. If one is selected before your pick, you are granted leniency.

A few things of note:

• We do not expect coaches to delist their premium players who are injured. So some discretion will be given for teams with injury riddles.
  • If you have bench players that are languishing at lower levels and under performing, we expect these players to be thrown into the FA pool. If they are smashing it, it’s fair enough to hold onto them. There will be some discretion here, but it’ll be up to the coach to put forward the defence that the player is of value and shouldn’t be included in the FA pool.

How are we alerted?
The admin group don’t have time to scan every team, every week and try to decipher whether coaches are not attempting to field a full team. So we need coaches to call it out and alert us.

• it’s up to all coaches to look at their opposition (or other teams if you like) that week and alert the admin team of any behaviour that looks like their opposition is not attempting to field a full team. Please sent a PM to @You_Shall_Be_Smoten, @Allblack and @Blummers32.

What happens next:

• We deliberate as an admin group and consider whether a warning should be required.
  • If we believe a warning is required, we will PM the coach separately and advise of the warning.
  • The coach will have the opportunity to ‘explain themselves’.

What are the penalties?

• Each coach will have 2 warnings without any further punishment.
  • Once a coach reaches their third warning, their earliest draft pick will drop 5 spots.
  • For every warning after that, your earliest draft pick will drop a further 5 spots.

One thing of note:

• Warnings are reset every year, so every coach start at 0 from the first week of games.
  • We may choose to bypass the warnings in the last two rounds of the season.

Please let us know what you think of this framework.

2 Likes

Good rule and i acxept my warning although i want to make clear it was busyness and incompetence on my behalf nothing deliberate!

4 Likes

lol. Now add Sidebottom.

@Blummers32 is FA deadline Wednesday night?

If so, how do we go about requesting a player playing tomorrow night?

Today is Wednesday.
I process them at 11pm so should be picked up prior to tomorrow night’s game.

1 Like

Haha. I’m still on Tuesday! Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

My prediction for Foggy?

Given we can actually pick up players through the round, I am tempted to do a round of FAs on Wednesday concentrated on picking up players from teams that have already been selected and doing another one on Thursday night after the rest of the teams are available.
Only drawback with something like that is you can’t delist someone from a team that has already played, so I’m checking this weekend if it allows me to override that as admin.

If there is support for this, we can probably do this from next week onwards.
Otherwise, we’ll stick to what we’re currently doing.

Edit…
Other option, just run it twice (on the Wednesday and Thursday). If coaches wish to get in early and select players from teams that haven’t been selected on the Wednesday night, then all power to them.

Edit again…
This will only occur with Thursday night games. When we get back to normal Friday night games as the first game of the week, we’ll do FA once on the Thursday.

I’m easy.
Easier than my free agent instructions, anyway.

Fairly certain everyone’s free agent instructions are the same.

■■■■■■■ mids please sir, I want some more

1 Like

FAs have been processed.

2 Likes