2024 FF Original Discussion Thread

Is it rubbish bin and then delist, or offer player to the league?
It’s probably delist, right?

The FA- free agent tab

Then select your new player trade in once the next screen appears

1 Like

Still struggling.
Might have to wait til I get to a laptop.

Coin toss between Sullivan and bytel.

Sullivan picked and bytel doesn’t get a sniff.

I had zero hope or expectation of getting a usable player but figured that showing the league admin that I was trying was, well, at least something.

My only realistic chance of getting things sorted a bit is if Dusty or Powell reclaim midfield eligibility. By that stage though, hopefully Day and maybe Dow are back on the field.

2 Likes

Can’t recall who drafted Lyons, but you’ve just discovered my frustration of the last two years. He’s absolutely good enough for FF, but Fagan doesn’t like to give him a game.

Deven Robertson has more versatility and plays ahead of him whenever available. Otherwise, they go with Lyons and adjust accordingly.

Deven can be a good scorer, but he is switched between half forward flank, wing and a little bit of midfield. Whereas Lyons is only good in the middle and a few stints up forward.

It’s very unlikely you’ll get midfields or rucks when FAs are on Wednesday because you only know the team sheet for one game. So there’s a lot of leniency on those positions during these situations. It’ll soften up when Friday night games open up each round and FAs are done with greater access to team lineups.

We could also tweak those rules to include emergencies listed on AFL teams, but I think that’ll backfire a bit. It’s just another list spot used on a non scoring player and with LTIs on lists as well as non-scoring future prospects, there’s no need to keep adding to it. Plus it’s a pain in the arse to find out who were emergencies when the AFL Team Lineups website removes them as soon as the game is played.

We are already seeing certain players find their way into FAs that would never have made it in previous years because of LTIs. Gaff would have been held on to somehow. Ditto Coffield and maybe even Brennan Cox. And even though we are using less defenders and forwards on the field, there is probably the same quality of defenders and forwards on the FA list than previous years.

I am hoping that multi position changes occur so that this season isn’t left even more to chance than it is already. I think they do two rounds of positional additions. Once at round 5 and again mid year. Then they let it run from there.

Regardless, it’s pretty safe to say we won’t be running with this many midfielders next season.
Both comps now have very similar LTI rules and positions, so we’ll have a good idea how to rebalance the team lineup.

The ruck position is the tougher nut to crack. And all we need is the majority of AFL coaches to turn back to running with a sole ruck weekly and it’ll skew the comp right up.

That would be me. Can’t believe they have dropped him.

After seeing Oleg Markov dropped, I tried to pick up a safe defender in Butts and dropped Borlase.
Butts is out injured (somehow wasn’t included in Tuesday’s injury report) and Borlase gets a call up.
Dylan Williams gets dropped.
Ari Shoenmaker still getting named as an emergency.
Hopefully Ethan Phillips gets named in Monday’s game, otherwise I’ll be short in the backline.

I could even get screwed in the forward line. I have three players who won’t be named in their lineup until Saturday night. So I’ll have very little wriggle room to shift players around should they be out for some obscure reason. Hopefully not due to illicit drug taking…

Caleb Marchbank coming straight in to the seniors is unexpected but welcome. Actually have to make a decision on our backline , which I guess is nice.

I was hoping for a McAuliffe debut but not to be. So unless Greenwood comes off the emergency list, I’ll be at least one short in the middle.

No Harmes and Lyons getting dropped means I’m relying on Harry Morrison to get a call up or Tanner Bruhn overcoming injury to have a full squad of mids.

Darling Eric hipwood. 8 points at 1/4 time, 5 points at 3/4 time.

How does a mature footballer lose 3 points in a half of football. They’d be better off putting an empty beer at full forward. Lions must be wrapped they locked him in to a long term contract

1 Like

I thought I had it bad with Darcy Moore

Dusty ruled out. Just what I need, ffs.

The way this season is already panning out, the grand final this year may well be contested by 14 players vs 15 players , lol.

1 Like

That might even be a touch generous.

I would like to have Jesse Hogan’s bye score please.

All three of the eagles emergencies are my players, joy

Don’t be so negative.
It could also be two full 18 teams with 6 midfielders each, all of which are subs…

AFL Fantasy playing funny buggers.
Everyone who hasn’t played has a yellow dot next to them (meaning they are picked but uncertain). Even Ethan Phillips who is more likely to play VFL than named in the team tomorrow night.

I really should have learned my lesson that Marchbank is cursed, lol.