2024 FF Original Discussion Thread

lol.
If Worple (of all people) posts 100 instead of 150 then I lose.

So enticed by my team.

Itā€™s mighty aggravating having Erasmus just rip WAFL games apart, score well when given TOG in his natural role, and then be no look in.

Hope he walks to the Eagles and pairs up with Harley.

#freeNeil

But then how would they get games into Bailey Banfield?

2 Likes

Round 1 score has been updated for @Crazy_Bomber score.

Round scores have been updated.
I checked them as I entered them.

Current Ladder

Overall Ladder

4 Likes

A couple of reminders.

• FA is tonight, so get your picks in.
  • There is no bye round this round, so scoring through the round should be fine.
  • For future bye rounds, make sure to name your bye players where you want them to play (be it in the 18 or as an emergency). I canā€™t automatically do it because I have no idea where you want to play them or who to switch out for them.
  • Iā€™m going to need a volunteer for Round 5. I can have a bash, but I need someone to check it or vice versa someone to have a bash at it and then I cross check against it.

I should be right to do the cross check for Round 5

1 Like

Just quickly on this.
This didnā€™t trigger a warning based on the rules put together last week.
Itā€™s more of a ā€˜maximising scoringā€™ by naming your team a particular way. I think thisā€™ll be a learning experience for @AVanderScreamer on how to name his team in future.

Itā€™s taken a bit of time to change mindset and name everyone possible in the midfield then fill your other positions. Which is the direct opposite to the way this comp and most other comps have operated in the past.
As I posted, even I found a time where I was conflicted with where to name Pickett in particular as if things went wrong (be it I didnā€™t catch an sub naming or a team sheet release) I put at risk a 0 in a spot on the field even though I was trying to score more.
Iā€™ll see if I can put some more examples or words around the ruling sometime this weekend to help guide that rule a bit better.

And milera is out for the season.

Milera, Darcy, Ashcroft, Hopper all with knee injuries.

Hopefully Darcy returns next week, but more hopefully they are not rushing him

Not even an emergency, @saladin
Thatā€™s harsh. I thought he played well.

Heā€™s first dropped every time they lose. Without fail.

1 Like

FAs have been processed.

A few things of noteā€¦
@saladin Hugo Garcia is already on another team.
@JBaller92 Iā€™m assuming you wanted to delist Luke Bruest instead of the other player. If not, just delist whoever you wanted to delist.
@Trotters got really lucky with Caleb Mitchell sliding to his pick. Now he just needs to hold his spot.
Screw you all for everyone ahead of me for picking up Brayden Cook. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll finally start scoring well and keep getting selected ahead of Pedlar and Iā€™ll regret dropping him.

Iā€™m happy with Parnell, not so much Sam Frost. If it werenā€™t for @Awesome_Scotty, I would have had my preferred duo backs in Clohesy and Parnell.

1 Like

Goddamnit, Iā€™m down a mid.
I did consider picking up Mitchell, but I thought one of Ellis, Poulter or Mannagh would play.

This game is farked, lol. Clarkson gives Greenwood a game out of nowhere, off fairly middling VFL form, the night after I trade him out. Ffs.

Comben in is good, but itā€™s a long term view because Iā€™m hoping they play him down back like theyā€™ve done in the reserves and he earns B status after three games.

1 Like

I was actually about to post a potential rule change for FAs earlier today, but thought it may not have much interest.

It doesnā€™t really matter which player is named to be dropped in the PM. Itā€™s not like they become a waiver claim or that we track available players here.
I have no troubles if you name who you want to drop at FAs, but change it by the time Thursday team sheets come out.
As long as the player you wanted to come into your list gets picked up, all should be fine.

If thereā€™s some interest in this, Iā€™ll put some wording together for the rule and we can start from next week.
Otherwise, we just continue on the way weā€™ve been going to this point.

3 Likes

I love this. It makes sense. We drop the player so should be able to choose whoever when we are approved the FA selection

2 Likes

And personally, it should speed up processing FAs.

I usually get one or two requests that are a tad more complex.
So it makes it easier to leave the player they want to delist to the coach, than me to work out what they are trying to describe.

3 Likes

I love it.

1 Like

Seems a good idea.

1 Like

I want this player.
Who are you dropping?
Mind your business.

Love it.

5 Likes

Roll it out!