2024 FF Original Discussion Thread

Way too good Fogdog. 1416 would have to be a pretty good score for this season I would have thought.

Still 2 midfield donuts, Fahey and Sinn are pretty close but are trying to crack a game in two of the better midfields in the league. Not much else I can do.

R West is being missed greatly by the Crunchas, he was literally my 21st man. Seb Ross was a club sltawart and would have been handy to have kept by us.

2 really bad list decisions I have made and may not recover from this season.

On the upside our scores are starting to improve.

1 Like

Looking forward to meeting our traditional rivals next week.

Edit: Stoopid Milduraā€¦

1 Like

Yeah I just saw that, was not going to talk any smack, not really in a position to at the moment.

1 Like

Itā€™s all fun.
:wink:

1 Like

Of course.

@wimmera score adjusted to fill in empty spot.

Ladder as per the below.

For FAs this week, weā€™ll go with the ā€˜you donā€™t have to tell me who you wish to dropā€™ rule that was generally formulated last week. But you will have to drop a player to pick up a player off FAs at some stage through the round if your bid for that player is successful.

Iā€™ve been a tad busier than normal through the weekend, so didnā€™t get a chance to put together some wording and throw it in the first post of the thread and the FAs thread. Iā€™ll try and do it tonight or tomorrow.

1 Like

Alsoā€¦
The upcoming round is a bye round.
So any Collingwood and Sydney players that scores from the opening round will count as long as they are selected.

Iā€™ll try and get scores out Sunday night (maybe Monday morning) and allow @redbull to cross check.

3 Likes

FAs have been processed.

A few things of note:

• Iā€™m not worried if you name the players you wish to drop or not. Just make sure if youā€™re not naming who to drop that you tell me how many players you wish to pick up. @Split_Infinity didnā€™t state how many, but it didnā€™t really matter in the end.
  • If you do provide the name of the player you wish to drop, Iā€™ll put it in the FA post, but you arenā€™t obligated to drop that specific player and can choose to drop another player if you wish. It really doesnā€™t make any difference as long as you drop a player by the time the round ends as itā€™s pretty clear most coaches are using FA Fantasy free agent list to work out who they want for the upcoming round.
  • @Awesome_Scotty. There are no waivers anymore. Just straight free agents based on the reverse ladder at the time FAs are processed.

Somehowā€¦
Iā€™m still continually looking for a solid dependable defenders. Liam Jones is rock bottom.
Glad I got Tom Campbell though.

3 Likes

Selection went okay, I guessā€¦

Erasmus being named gives makes my team look so much better. Being able to push Yeo back into defence, and Eventually Nic Martin is huge for my team

1 Like

Fritch is going into the cannon.

1 Like

Very meh opening game for the Tiges.

Oliver is broken, is he still under warranty?

Hey Blummers, I sent you a message to your other account re: my team line up.

I usually only log into that account to process FAs.

You can add Greenwood at any time during the round.
Just make sure you pick him up prior to when he plays this round if you want to name him in your 18.
Apparently you can drop a player who has played, but Iā€™m not sure what that does if heā€™s in your 18 or as an emergency.

Basically, Iā€™d err towards making FA changes on the Thursday or Friday prior to majority of teams for that round being locked in.
After that, youā€™re reducing who you can and canā€™t play in your 18 and also reducing who you can delist.

1 Like

That is fair. All fixed. Not sure why my reply was unsent till just now but thanks again.

I bring in the great man Eddie Ford, and leave him on the bench while Walters gives me nothing.

Iā€™m butchering selection

1 Like

I wonā€™t get scores up until late tonight.
More likely tomorrow morning / lunch sometime.

I think Iā€™ve won by 9 points, scoring over 1200 with 2 0s on field and a third of my first 18 missing

Pretty sure Iā€™ve lost very badly.
Very low score.