2024 mid season draft

New topic because I couldn’t find anywhere else to raise the subject.
Oskar Smartt looks a very good option for us at the msd.
I’m a bit concerned about being beaten to the punch by other clubs after his reported near bog performance for the young guns v vic country.

6 Likes

Is he a small forward? If so yes please.

Following on from the above, his few appearances for our vfl team would have him well ahead of A. Davey jnr. without even so much as training with our seniors or a pre season.

I like the look of cam nyko from our vfl side but probably not the need for the list.
Another which may sound crazy is phoenix spicer despite being tainted by north he has been pretty good in the dogs vfl

Who should we be sniffing around in Richmonds VFL team?

8 Likes

Yes he is. Kicked 4 in our vfl and played as a mid or small forward for Bendigo pie in ears. 180cm and doesn’t turn 19 till October.

2 Likes

bone apple tea

3 Likes

BRING

I haven’t seen much of smart, but the patches i have seen he isn’t very quick is he?

Someone mentioned Jack Callinan as a prospect in one of the other threads.

Whose the most Sam Durham like? We could use a backup Sam Durham.

3 Likes

Garret McDonagh

7 Likes

Peris maybe?

2 Likes

Peris is a good temporary upgrade on Davey. He is as quick, not scared of contact and tackles. Davey will likely be the better player long term, but i think Peris could be handy in the short term because Scott seems to value that fast pressure forward role.

5 Likes

There’s a 19yo in the Falcons who’s a small/medium forward and has been kicking bags, McLachlan, more a marking type forward but could be an option.

Although history would suggest playing state League footy is a better indication than playing as an overage in the juniors

1 Like

How about Tom Hird? I hear hes dad was a champion player or something like that!!!

1 Like

Oskar Smartt looks a clever player.

3 Likes

Sorry mate it does sound crazy.
In his last VFL game he had 3 kicks, 1 handball and no goals.
He was absolute ass playing for North.

1 Like

Tazza Thomas don’t make plans for MSD. Welcome to Essendon

I wish i could believe that wouldn’t happen.

* uncontrollable vomiting *

1 Like