#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

I’m glad Hepp wasn’t part of the offended bunch.

Also, I’m not worried, his captains game on the weekend was immense.

But thinking his season last year was beyond critique and critiquing makes you idiotic is something I can’t agree with.

1 Like

So his awesome game on the weekend, means his 2017 form was better?
OK.
If anything it reminded a lot of Dons fans how good he actually is at full flight, and how far off that he was last year.

2 Likes

He had a good year, not a great one. Every players’ form is up for discussion. We certainly wont all agree, hell I thought Hurls was a mile away from AA last year. Where it becomes annoying is when there are reasons for a player not performing at an optimum level and they are either glossed over or ignored.

Dyson Heppell is a superbly talented footballer. He is shaping up to be a very good Captain. Following Jobe was never going to be easy but, thus far, he’s performed admirably.

1 Like

Who said his performance last year was beyond criticism?
I think people have defended his season on the basis that he had had a year off.
Plus when people started raving about a future midfield of Zerrett, McGrath, Parish, Smith, many of us were rightly wondering why Heppell was left out of that group, assuming he returned to his best this year. He’s still miles ahead of a few in that group.
People forgot how good he was. He was also very consistent back before the suspension, so it’s reasonable to hope friday’s Performance will be a regular occurrence

25 year old captain doing a good job. His preseason was top shelf and barring injury will probably be vying with Zaha, Merrett, BJ and Hurley for b&f honours. Played defensive mid to perfection and balanced that with some strong attacking play. Consistency will be key. Reckon he’s got that in him 2018.

Still haven’t forgiven him for defrosting those steaks.

1 Like

I’m sure i’ll upset someone here but oh well

2017 for Doice was for large chunks of the season bog average! He had some very good moments (A graders always will) but as a full season it was miles below what he is obviously capable of!
Of course the year off and all the stress related stuff would have taken a massive toll on him and his conditioning after a year out of the game had to suffer no matter how mich fitness work was done

Round 1 gave us all the reminder we hoped for of his true capabilities, for him and the team i hope he can maintain it consistently as he did before the trouble began

1 Like

You know he played injured for at least half of last year

2 Likes

Which games exactly form these ‘large chunks’

2 Likes

Bi-Polar Blitz

1 Like

Picked up his first Hankook

Nobody is being bipolar.

The below statement was made which I don’t understand because I don’t remember anyone stating Dyson wasn’t a great player really,.and if they believed that it was certainly a minority.

I then tried to objectively re-state the criticisms from last year as well as add MY OPINION that there are leaders with more potential on our list of which McG is in my belief the top dog long term.

Blitz and social media then predictably try to polarize the argument and if you criticise Heppell from last year your wrong because of injuries blah blah.

The below point is spot on. There is no polarisation required. If you think he was awesome all last year as a leader then your expectations are far too low.

If you are asking specifically then rounds 11-17 Dyson was well down on his class and output irrespective of the number of stats he had. Exception being Port match.

He butchered the ball on games against blues and saints. He also was well beaten in both matches (4 total) we played the swans and crows who had.bigger bodies.

You might think that harsh but he certainly was average. And he is not an average player. So that is the definition of being below his best.

Now for the record I have a Heppell jumper with 21 on the back, my daughter wears it to bed and he is in my suoercoach draft team. I love him.

But my OPINION is as above when trying to look past my bias for the guy I love watching play.

I was asking specifically, because it ■■■■■ me to tears when people just churn out comments without really having a clue. (I’m not referring to you btw)
So rounds 11-17
GWS - yep not a great game
Port - great game
Sydney - played a tagging role and actually did quite well
Bris - not a great game
Coll - really good game
St Kilda - great tagging role
North - average to good game
St Kilda - great tagging role

2 Likes

If you win it twice, are you expected to re-tyre?

11 Likes

:clap:

AN’s in for a good year.

3 Likes

Really didn’t need to tread on that one …

4 Likes

Certainly feeling a bit deflated about the direction this thread is taking.

2 Likes

Oh great puns have started, looks like we are treading over the same ground again

1 Like