#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

He’s in poor form. He is much better than he’s producing

2 Likes

Played better without a beard. Huge issue that beard of his

Not everyone.
I wanted zac merrett as captain, he had less of an essington stink to him then.

Now smith is probably beat choice foe captain and give him free reign to tell anyone he thinks doesnt live up to his effort , to ■■■■ off and not to come back.

BJ did a good of that today I reckon

I love Heppell. Think he puts his all into the club.

However, if Tex Walker gets caned in the media for not leading his team as a proper captain, Hep should probably get the same treatment. Today was just woeful.

1 Like

I have huge question marks over this blokes ability to lead this group of men.

1 Like

He’s a nice guy, but not a leader. Needs to get back to doing what he does best - has been making lots of errors this season and I think the captaincy is not helping.

Trouble is - it’s hard to think of anyone to replace him!

I’m not a massive fan of Heppell as a player but I can’t question him as captain.

The reality is he should be our third or fourth best mid and not having to do what Jobe or Hird did before him.

If he had more support them I’m sure we would see a better player. He’s doing way to much.

5 Likes

Ok, here’s a question. Why isn’t Pick 8 Heppell better? Why isn’t he our first or second best mid? Showed plenty in his first few years.

Ditto (easy top 10 pick) Daniher.
Ditto pick 1 McGrath (only 2nd year I know)
Ditto pick 5 Parish
Ditto pick 6 Franger

What are we not doing at Tullamarine that we should be doing?

1 Like

Seems like a nice bloke. Handy player, at best.

Worst Essendon Captain I’ve ever seen.
I’ll never forget that mark he dropped at the end of the first quarter against Sydney in the final last year.

Go threw our list of previous captains…
None of them would’ve dropped that.

We will never win a premiership while he is the leader of this club and while he is the one which all players at the club should be measured (which is what captaincy basically is).

Its that simple.

If he represents Essendon and its brand, then Essendon is nothing short of ■■■■■■.

1 Like

He did look furious after that 50 meter penalty was given away in the early stages of the last quarter.

Those saying he’s not captain material, who the fark else on our list (who isn’t near retirement) is? And don’t say Hurley or Zac

and don’t say the most suitable candidate because i have no reason why it shouldn’t be him.

■■■■ off.

2 Likes

Should be captain. Alls good except his kicking which for some reason is diabolical at the moment.

1 Like

Excellent work rate with poor skills execution. Are we seriously questioning his captaincy based on his current skills execution? Everyone observes and judges from behind the fence but ultimately doesn’t know how he really is behind ‘closed doors’. Vote by his peers to lead, I’ll back their judgement. Deep breathes, anger will subside until Sunday (maybe)…

2 Likes

at least kick long to a pack, you actually now get terrified now the moment you see Dois look up to pass

His kicking this year so far is the worst I’ve ever seen from a footballer.

One the main culprits kicking it on Walla’s head too!

1 Like

he’s like the anti-hird, everything he does turns to ■■■■

1 Like

Isnt as dramatic as some people are making it out to be however, you need your captain to lead by example. Heppell being the biggest turnover merchant in our team isnt setting a great standard…

3 Likes

I know I’m an outlier on this thread, but I don’t think Dyson can do anymore than what he does. He deserves to be, and week in and week out shows why he is, captain of this football club. Inevitably he will have a blinder soon, and everyone slagging him off should be forced to apologise. Guy is an absolute gun.

8 Likes