#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

He is not the player he was pre 2016. He seems to have lost some pace and touch with his kicking.
He can’t be faulted in his endeavour but if you’re hurting the team with poor disposal and then being exposed for lack of ability to run defensively…why is he there at all.
Probably needs to go back to half back.

Fairly important for a footballer I would have thought

1 Like

No mate.
Half back players need precision disposal.

Hepps ‘kicks in the vacinity of’.

1 Like

Seems immune to criticism in the media for some reason. His disposal this year has been nothing short of horrific.

9 Likes

Your not wrong and Dyson was never the greatest kick to begin with. To say His kicking is at bush league standard at the moment would be generous. Collingwood supporters around me were always happy when he got the ball because his loopy kicks always tend to cause at least a contest when it should hit someone on the chest.
I really hope he can work it out because the rest of his game is very good. You have to wonder how players at AFL level could regress in a skill so badly.

1 Like

The Essendon supporters around me were yelling out “ Hit a target Heppell” whenever he got the ball and there were several bronx cheers when he did manage to hit one

1 Like

Yeah it’s sad because surely it’s screwing with his head and pressure will be mounting. It would be hard to hold your teammates to account when your struggling with basics.
I hope he works it out because it was nowhere near this bad before the suspensions and seems to be getting worse.

3 Likes

This blokes performance yesterday offended me.

One of the worst performances by a captain of this club in our history.

I’m embarrassed that he is the captain of our club and a “leader” for younger players.

The saga really farked the club over and we won’t produce anything substantial on field until all players and staff who still exist that were there in 2012, are gone.

1 Like

Oh dear, the toys are out of the cot.

4 Likes

The saga stuff is a cop out. We lack run. Our skills are poor. Our key players are out of form. Nothing to do with the saga.

3 Likes

I think there is a virus at our club and its contagious. Its called malaise and mediocrity.

1 Like

Legit every kick of his int he first quarter was rubbish.

He is a garbage captain, worse than Lloyd.

There was also Saad, Hartley and Zac Merrett right there too. I think that clip emphasises how bad we were, 4 blokes there and no one laid a finger on him before he kicked it.

Merret and probably Saad were too far away, but the other two showed no effort whatsoever.

not a good look

Put him at HBF/Wing, get him away from the congestion.

1 Like

That vision is disturbing. These guys just can’t be trusted week in week out. Gee I hope the media play that an embarrass the ■■■■ out of em.

2 Likes

GOOD GRIEF make him kick long from now on.

1 Like

That’s horrible desperation and indicative as to where we are as a whole. The skipper won’t even try to smother!
I’m disgusted by that. Goddard is copping it for telling some hard truths, in hindsite he did well not to punch a few of them post spray.

8 Likes