#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Too reactive in these parts. Come sooking to me if we still look sheeyatty after the Geelong game.

PS - Dempsey is an absolute Lock in our best 22. No questions asked.

I really don't think people ■■■■■■■■ about Heppell's defensive efforts realise that he is not really very quick. If there is absolutely no real possibility of him catching or putting some sort of pressure on the opposition ball carrier, then I bet the coaches would prefer he not run himself ragged - he is already picking up a ton of possessions all over the ground. If anything, I think the area that Heppell needs to work on is being more damaging going forward, with F50 entries and importantly kicking more goals. 

Luke Hodge quick?

Jobe Watson quick?

Scott Pendlebury quick?

Why does Heppell get a mention about not being quick?

Champion,there I said it.

Had to laugh at training the other day. Sees someone with a nice looking dog, stops to have a chat. Couple minutes later goes under the fence waltzes over again, had a chat asks the dogs name etc.

Happy for the kids to throw the footy back to him during the goal kicking.

What a relaxed young fella.

How odd in a thread about Heppell there's a debate about Dempsey and Gleesons spots.

On Heppell he seems to get away with alot on these boards, tracking nicely yes and still could become a very very very good player, but some of his decision making is still questionable.

On the other issue, as long as Gleeson is playing well, I can't see him being dropped whether dempsey is fit and in form or not, they will play both no doubt.

Quite simply though Dempsey has baggage now, it's not the first time he hasn't lived up to the responsibilities of being a professional footballer in todays age. If he can EARN his spot back that's great, but he should not be given it back simply cos he is fast or can be a decent player. He has now lost that right IMO and I hope in the coaches. We as a club can go forward with or without him, so now it's time for him to prove why we should be taking him along with us, not the other way around.

Had to laugh at training the other day. Sees someone with a nice looking dog, stops to have a chat. Couple minutes later goes under the fence waltzes over again, had a chat asks the dogs name etc.
Happy for the kids to throw the footy back to him during the goal kicking.
What a relaxed young fella.

❤️Dys ....just ❤️him

I really don't think people ■■■■■■■■ about Heppell's defensive efforts realise that he is not really very quick. If there is absolutely no real possibility of him catching or putting some sort of pressure on the opposition ball carrier, then I bet the coaches would prefer he not run himself ragged - he is already picking up a ton of possessions all over the ground. If anything, I think the area that Heppell needs to work on is being more damaging going forward, with F50 entries and importantly kicking more goals.

Not to mention he had 10 tackles on Sunday the most of any of our players

Meh, minor details. He's slow, dammit!

As was Greg Williams :p

As was Greg Williams :P

has fast brain...more important than speed

How odd in a thread about Heppell there's a debate about Dempsey and Gleesons spots.

On Heppell he seems to get away with alot on these boards, tracking nicely yes and still could become a very very very good player, but some of his decision making is still questionable.

On the other issue, as long as Gleeson is playing well, I can't see him being dropped whether dempsey is fit and in form or not, they will play both no doubt.

Quite simply though Dempsey has baggage now, it's not the first time he hasn't lived up to the responsibilities of being a professional footballer in todays age. If he can EARN his spot back that's great, but he should not be given it back simply cos he is fast or can be a decent player. He has now lost that right IMO and I hope in the coaches. We as a club can go forward with or without him, so now it's time for him to prove why we should be taking him along with us, not the other way around.

Dempsey will do his time, make amends and he'll be straight back into the side as he should be.

As for the club moving forward without him, he is one of the best 10 players on our list so the club better be doing absolutely farking everything possible to get him back on track and playing in the seniors.  

This year and next year. That is our window and he's got a massive part to play. 

Dempsey will do his time, make amends and he'll be straight back into the side as he should be.
As for the club moving forward without him, he is one of the best 10 players on our list so the club better be doing absolutely farking everything possible to get him back on track and playing in the seniors.
This year and next year. That is our window and he's got a massive part to play.

Well said Rhino.

110 % on Demps. Fkg good and important player. A seriously loose unit though. Not sure he will be back…

Dempsey will be back and will be fricking awesome in his new position as an outside mid with scary goal-scoring abilities, gleeson will stay in the team with a few breaks to keep him fresh.

Heppell will still be slow and absolutely a part of all those 2 on 4’s he seems to make it to around the boundary line that gets us out of trouble and sets up forward thrusts.

Life’s good

WSPUHB

I only saw the second half of the VFL, but he got a bit of the ball and was very good at using it.

Not unless he get's some leg speed.

Makes Laycock look like Usain Bolt.

Has everthing else, but is seriously glacial.

Agree. And needs to flatten his  kicks. Get these two right and he can be elite.

Luke Hodge quick?
Jobe Watson quick?
Scott Pendlebury quick?

Pendles ain't slow.

Steven Alessislow.

Correct. See him laser a couple over 45m onto a leading guys tit = yeeeessss

Luke Hodge quick?
Jobe Watson quick?
Scott Pendlebury quick?

All four make up for lack of foot speed with football nous.