#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Thanks for taking the time to form a proper response. If you’d given that proper response as opposed to a snide one-liner originally then perhaps HAP wouldn’t have wasted time trying to win another thread. Unfortunately I don’t spend every waking hour on Blitz so may have missed the 3000+ posts on Heppell including your own personal comments on him.

Could you please elaborate on the part where you said I spent a lot of time putting down our captain? Or otherwise make a retraction? Because I’ve only ever loved him apart from mentioning he’s looked a bit slower than usual this year and struggled at times, which has been true. Until now I’ve barely posted in this thread.

Again you say I’m off with my assessment and want to call those assessments I made silly and yet you agree with basically everything I said. He had a good, solid year with mostly 6/10 and 7/10 games (better than a lot of his teammates managed) but disappointing for him because he can manage a an utterly brilliant level and couldn’t manage it for the majority of the season. And I don’t recall ever questioning his work ethic. Long story short we agree but off season must be slow.

Lol. Slippery slope. Lol

1 Like

Nah man, that’s a silly thing to say.

1 Like

That was a joke by the way, HAP keep it in your holster.

I doubt Heppell will be resting on his laurels.

He will want to take it to another level next year along with the rest of the team.

I think the further we get away from the actual games the better his season looks to a lot of people. If you go through the actual season a lot of people were critical of him throughout on blitz. I think hep has always looked good on the stats sheet but when you observe from actual impact on games i thought he had a pretty poor year for his standards. Understand he had a lot of extra responsibility with the captaincy and I think Watson being in the side didn’t help his cause but yeh for a supposed A grader i don’t think he would have been in the top 30 midfielders in the comp by the end of the season. I’ll never question his work ethic but I’m expecting and hoping for a much better year in 2018.

4 Likes

Its because some live and die by the voting in the Nobby Clarke Award which is not always an accurate barometer of player performance. I remember many were dirty that Stanton only finished 6th or 7th in the 2015 B and F which i thought was about right. I remember one year L.Jetta finished 3rd in the Nobby Clarke.

Why does everyone in this thread hate Heppell so much???

3 Likes

So I took the time to go back through the thread and i have to say, I was wrong. I apologise Crazy, it wasn’t you after all. I mixed you up with conjunctivitis I think (don’t ask me how, I have no idea). Sorry mate, bad call by me there.

However I did remember one post and thought that was relevant to quote here. For a guy who wasn’t training as well due to the year off and the struggles, it makes his stats and efforts even more impressive. With a full year and 2 full pre-seasons behind him he will be even better next year.

1 Like

Because he played poorly in the EF and we are better off trading him off than keeping him.

sarcasm

Most likely driven by pure autogenous adrenaline. I will never forget that game.

2 Likes

No worries, it happens, I appreciate the fact you actually had the balls to apologise when you knew you were in the wrong. I’m keen to move on anyway.

3 Likes

@Crazy_Bomber @IceTemple

Guys, followed this argument loosely (very loosely). I actually really like both your approaches and opinions though I don’t always agree. I was surprised by all the angst.

You are good blitzers and you have both resolved the conflict with integrity. Hopefully others follow your example.

Great stuff.

2 Likes

geez, didn’t mean to cook up the storm which evolved!! feel like a figure (e.g.Mr Tickle) in the Mr Men series. Which thread should I go to now… (-:

This is about the 7000th time you’ve mentioned Stanton’s 2015 Crichton results on here. However, if you actually look at the distribution of votes that year as opposed to the order they finally fell in, he had a very good year.

7143 to be precise

Great read … :roll_eyes:

Hepps is going to beast mode it. Heppell for the WIN!

Brownlow time

He reminds me of Hird so much in his leadership and will power(bar Hepps country accent). So Brownlow and Anzac Day medal!