#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Look it takes guts to play footy. The players are physically courageous no doubt.

I think one of the prime directives that have been hammered into them, is don’t do anything that might get you suspended. Another prime directive is don’t be drawn into fighting. Concentrate on the game.

So yesterday in a number of cases they allowed a single player to be swarmed by up to 6 or more Carlton players, with none of our players supporting them.

But this is not what a real team does. This is encouragement of traits that emphasise playing for yourself and not the team.

In the words of Sheeds. “Don’t EVER let any player or club DOMINATE you,”

“At a ball up or at a stoppage, in the air on the ground, don’t ever let any player or club dominate you."

3 Likes

LOL you really think this is the first sign of trouble?

5 Likes

You are ■■■■■■■ kidding me. That was a set piece from a tv broadcast of the giants first game. Had about as much inspiration as a slap in the face with a wet fish.

1 Like

Bags had 5 or 6 players surrounding him at half time and I didn’t see a single player even walk over.

Our team ethos is non existent at the moment

Lol no I don’t… was just a saying, and perhaps the wrong one.

So Darli, do you agree with those words or not? Remember we are talking about how to play footy and win. Think the 2000 team.

1 Like

Can we make McKernan captain for the rest of the year. :thinking:

2 Likes

Sheedy was right though. You should never let anyone dominate you physically or mentally

3 Likes

Of course that’s the ideal. But it never works that way. Teams dominate, players dominate, often for parts of games, sometimes for whole games, rarely for whole seasons.

The 2000 season will never be repeated in footy again. We need to move.

1 Like

We have 22 men out there on the footy field whose morale has been obliterated. Its not just 5 losses in a row that have caused that: none of the losses have been blowouts. Its leadership at the coaching and playing level that is lacking imo, but there may be some other reason for it, such as internal conflict about " the way we want to play" or something else. In time I suppose we will find out.

2 Likes

I said this 5/6 weeks ago and was rubbished.

He’s slow. He has poor disposal. Has poor intensity. Doesn’t pressure. Doesn’t tackle.

He’s good overhead, he has great endurance and he has good ball/game awareness. But he needs to add a few more strings to his bow pronto or he’ll be at the crossroads in another 18 months.

6 Likes

Mate make up your mind, are they pea hearted or have they had their confidence obliterated?

At the moment you’re simply talking for the sake of it.

2 Likes

Darli, read my post again. I never said the players were pea hearted. I said “the pea hearted way our team allowed themselves to be bullied by Carlton”.
I refuse to retract that statement. So don’t waste your time challenging me.

1 Like

Go back to last week and the Goddard incident . Nothing. Totally disgusting.

Darli, I am going down to watch the 2s now, if you are there, we can chat and have a beer.

Couldn’t make it this week. Enjoy!

They do. Most of us are talking ■■■■■ about leaving, not turning up. I’ll never abandon them.

6 Likes

No doubt clubs know they can get to us physically and mentally.

Something needs to change soon!

I don’t condone violence but I would love to see Hurley or Smith line somebody up and run through them.

Pay the fine as Shawry puts it.

I noticed an incident yesterday when Mutch went to help up a FC player he had knocked over . Nice kid , but Saad took him by the elbow and led him away. Moral : Give em nothing.

8 Likes

Mutch should be dropped for that