21st Century Manners

Things people shouldn't even need to be told, but do.

Stand out of the queue until you know what you want.  Then queue.

Don't stand in entrances.

Out before in.

Speak clearly.

Let people get out off lifts/off trains before trying to rush in

When it's your turn in any queue get off your mobile!

Queue up in the damn first place instead of just standing around near the front trying to push in.

Queue up in the damn first place instead of just standing around near the front trying to push in.

This. Especially on escalators at Perth Underground station. Purposely try not to let them in, ■■■■■■ me off.

play where the team needs you to play and where the coach wants you to play - oh sorry, wrong thread.

This. Especially on escalators at Perth Underground station. Purposely try not to let them in, ■■■■■■ me off.

And don't get to the end of the escalator ride and mill around right where everybody else is trying to come through....not looking at Asian girls or anything here.

And the number of times I've seen people squeeze along close to the edge of the platform just to get in before the people near the door can get in.

Let people get out off lifts/off trains before trying to rush in

I gave an Indian woman a shocking (non-racist) mouthful getting off the tram at Vic Market one day. And she had a trolley...which nearly ended up back on the footpath.

wimm, you need to watch this. http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/agony-of-modern-manners/ 

however, it probably isn't much of a money maker and should be scrapped.....

When driving along a narrow street with cars parked either side, if a car coming the other way slows and allows you to drive through first, wave to the other driver as a thank you.

When driving along a narrow street with cars parked either side, if a car coming the other way slows and allows you to drive through first, wave to the other driver as a thank you.

thank you waves generally when driving.

Look people in the eye when you shake hands with them.

I was never taught to shake hands properly.  I have to make a real effort to change the habit of a lifetime.

Wash your hands after a poo for God's sake.

Wash your hands after a poo for God's sake.

what if you poo for your own sake?

Giving up your seat for the elderly on a packed train

Thank you waves are hilarious.
If you let somebody in, and they wave, you get very chuffed with yourself. "yeah, I am a good bloke, aren't I? Always considerate of others.."
But if they don't wave, you have to fight the urge to do a U turn, hunt them down and violently assault them.

Cover nose when you sneeze and mouth when you cough.

Thank you waves are hilarious.
If you let somebody in, and they wave, you get very chuffed with yourself. "yeah, I am a good bloke, aren't I? Always considerate of others.."
But if they don't wave, you have to fight the urge to do a U turn, hunt them down and violently assault them.

Haha. Totally

Being mindful of other people needing to move past you.  There are two main times I see this - at the station, and at intersections. 

At stations, it's usually the done thing that if your train isn't next, you stand at the back of the platform, then move forward once they announce your train.  But you leave a gap between the two lines so that people can still move along the platform.  Some people stand right in the middle, then wonder why so many people are saying "excuse me" as they try to get around.  Look around you.  Can't you see there's a clear gap and you're the only one blocking it?!

Then at intersections.  If you're going from one corner to another, and you then need to cross again, leave enough room so that those still moving across the first intersection can get through.  It's not that difficult!!

Obviously sometimes it gets so crowded you can't help it.  But so many times it can be.  Just makes me wonder some people are mindful and others just don't seem to notice.

first world problems regardless :P