#22 Irving ‘MO22IE’ Mosquito

Glad to hear the 12 week hammy wasn’t as bad as I imagined.

Can’t wait for mozzie to dominate in a game against hawks. He is their one that got away.

1 Like

Mozzie is by far the player I’m most interested in seeing next year (well actually him and Draper).

In the pre season and the few games he played in the seconds he showed some glimpses of amazing talent. He has everything that Raz has but is better defensively (very similar to Tippa) and will also fly for pack marks. I can also see there being a great chemistry with Tippa, who he already follows around like a lost puppy.

How fit he will be and how quickly he can put it all together and find his feet we will have to wait and see, but he could easily be a like for like replacement for Raz, and I consider Raz one of out top handful of players.

6 Likes

@nackers - are you planning to get to training a lot this off-season?

And he just turned 19 in August. Still a kid. And from what I’ve seen on telly and photos he’s not a stick and has a bit of build to him.

1 Like

Yes I’ll try to get there as often as I can. You really can pick up a lot at training if you look for the right things. Looking back at previous years training reports it’s surprising how accurate a lot of the player predictions are for the year ahead.

I generally go once or twice a week to training, all the practice matches for seniors and reserves, most of the seconds matches and all the seniors matches in Victoria in some interstate. I generally stop going to training once the matches start.

18 Likes

Well I’m now officially his biggest fan as I was lucky enough as a player sponsor to win the Mozzie jumper. :blush:

19 Likes

Yes he filled out as the season went on, I don’t think his size is going to be too much of an issue. Getting a full pre season in and living nearby rather than Gippsland though could make a huge difference.

1 Like

It going to be fun watching him develop as he has so many options. His build (for his age) is great. Strong across the shoulders and chest and not as skinny as people think at the hips/thighs. All the elements for strength and power.

2 Likes

Mosquito is too good for VFL level.
just not sure what impact he will have at AFL level.
Hamstring is a worry, did it reaching top speed at VFL level and fatster at AFL level.

THink he will start off in a defensive forward mindset, just tackle and harass and pressure balls inside 50. Then once builds up confidence will move further up the ground getting some more touches. Its great he will have Tippa to show him the ropes and look out for him.

Is his hamstring tendon still coiled up around his ankle?

1 Like

If he’s been bulking up without having the time to improve his endurance conditioning I’m entirely un-surprised that he’s ripped the thing off the bone. You can’t just add all that muscle mass without endurance conditioning then it sounds like a recipe for disaster. Pretty much what happened to us in 2012 when they all got huge and started pinging hammies and quads all over the place. Surely a solid pre-season of running will help build up the endurance and over time alleviate the risk of soft tissue injuries?

1 Like

Compulsory:

13 Likes

Surely he ran too far… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Never seen that angle before. that was awesome

Yeah, it’s a better angle than the main camera.

expecting to see both boys do that on the G next year :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You get an extra 5 metres for a successful candy sale.

2 Likes

FXD

3 Likes

That’s not his tendon…

2 Likes