#22 - Jake Carlisle: Gone

Take 3.

Woooah… this seems to have switched from a Carlisle thread to a Yarran thread.

Does Yarran play golf??

we need to wrap this guy up in a deal to get treloar…

Carey on 7 pre-game show said Carlisle apologised to the playing group for his comments.

That’s sweet.

Is Yarran still boning the hot blonde TV sports reporter chick from Channel 10?

Club could get some free media support for a change

Post a pic of said hot blonde please.

Where’s the farking hot chick thread when you need it.

WSPHU*

• her, not him

Should be easy enough to pick her up, dating a Carlton player so must have low standards or self esteem issues

Interesting. He's not saying better than Saints offer, he's saying better than pick 5.

Also saying we won’t accept lower than pick 8 or so.

Probably just Essendon putting pressure on the saints.

How could we possibly have better than pick 5? Dogs 1st Rounder + Hrvat is not better than 5.

St Kilda sounds like sour grapes with losing Goddard to us.

Elshaugh hates us too. Or at least Sheeds. Plus the Finnis factor.

According to 5AA, STK have offered #5 to the Crows for #9 and #28. #9 goes to us for Carlisle.

Assuming that either #28 or STK 2nd pick goes for Freeman, it opens an interesting question. Surely we could throw in pick 23 instead of involving Crows. So two options:

Pick 4 and 5 (plus melksham pick)

Or

Pick 4, 9 and 23.( plus melksham pick)

It seems counterintuitive, but in an even and shallow draft it may not be the best thing to run with the two pick version. If you think you can get the player you want at #9, and you think an even crop will present several candidates in the early 20’s, then a club starved of draft picks might prefer the 3 pick pathway.

Considering one of Parish or Francis is guaranteed if we want them at #4. Look for a tall (supposedly there are good talls for the 1st round) or 2nd mid at our 2nd pick and then see what falls through to 23 and 25. If the talent dries up at 30, four prior to 25 is a good haul.

Sal you may be onto something there.

With tue turn over of players looking upwards of 7 or 8 we may actually need the picks to fill out the list.

I don’t think player turnover will be that high.

At this stage we have:
Definate Outs (3)
Chapman
Winders
Fletcher

Likely Outs (3)
Melksham
Carlisle
EKav

Definate Ins (1)
Smack

Probable Stay (3)
Stanton
Dempsey
Pears

Probable Ins (1)
Luenberger

So you have 6 likely Out, 2 likely in. That leaves us with 4 list spots available. If we can get 4+5+23+25/29 then that would be perfect. Then they will need to assess if Dempsey is worth a 3rd round pick and Pears the same. I would suggest that both those players would be worth more than a 3rd rounder in this draft.

Bringing in 4 young players in the the first 25 picks will absolutely set us up for a strong rebuild and why we need to keep hold of that Melksham pick.

With it looking likely we will need to use at least 4 picks… then it just becomes whether you prefer:
4,5, 25,41
or

Personally I like option B.

You’ve forgotten we have already delisted Dalgliesh and Aylett.

So at least 8.

Surely we will delist Hams as well?

Carey on 7 pre-game show said Carlisle apologised to the playing group for his comments.

That’s sweet.

If he was really sorry, he would shout the team a slab of Carlton Draught.
Is Yarran still boning the hot blonde TV sports reporter chick from Channel 10?

Club could get some free media support for a change

Post a pic of said hot blonde please.

Where’s the farking hot chick thread when you need it.

WSPHU*

• her, not him

Should be easy enough to pick her up, dating a Carlton player so must have low standards or self esteem issues

Boom!

(>^_^)><(^o^<)

The most heartwarming story of 2015.

According to 5AA, STK have offered #5 to the Crows for #9 and #28. #9 goes to us for Carlisle.

Assuming that either #28 or STK 2nd pick goes for Freeman, it opens an interesting question. Surely we could throw in pick 23 instead of involving Crows. So two options:

Pick 4 and 5 (plus melksham pick)

Or

Pick 4, 9 and 23.( plus melksham pick)

It seems counterintuitive, but in an even and shallow draft it may not be the best thing to run with the two pick version. If you think you can get the player you want at #9, and you think an even crop will present several candidates in the early 20’s, then a club starved of draft picks might prefer the 3 pick pathway.

Considering one of Parish or Francis is guaranteed if we want them at #4. Look for a tall (supposedly there are good talls for the 1st round) or 2nd mid at our 2nd pick and then see what falls through to 23 and 25. If the talent dries up at 30, four prior to 25 is a good haul.

Sal you may be onto something there.

With tue turn over of players looking upwards of 7 or 8 we may actually need the picks to fill out the list.

I don’t think player turnover will be that high.

At this stage we have:
Definate Outs (3)
Chapman
Winders
Fletcher

Likely Outs (3)
Melksham
Carlisle
EKav

Definate Ins (1)
Smack

Probable Stay (3)
Stanton
Dempsey
Pears

Probable Ins (1)
Luenberger

So you have 6 likely Out, 2 likely in. That leaves us with 4 list spots available. If we can get 4+5+23+25/29 then that would be perfect. Then they will need to assess if Dempsey is worth a 3rd round pick and Pears the same. I would suggest that both those players would be worth more than a 3rd rounder in this draft.

Bringing in 4 young players in the the first 25 picks will absolutely set us up for a strong rebuild and why we need to keep hold of that Melksham pick.

With it looking likely we will need to use at least 4 picks… then it just becomes whether you prefer:
4,5, 25,41
or

Personally I like option B.

Dalgleish & Aylett (rookie) have been delisted.

Ironic he had the shot to win the match and missed?

Nah - was nothing like rain on your wedding day.

Figures. Although, I’m not sure who would have thought it.

Hope he knows it’s a free ride back from the game.

Essendon have told Tom Browne they now have two better offers for Carlisle. Over to you Saints

Better as far as picks, but I doubt they’d equal the Saints financial offer for him.

Good development if true though.

Tom Browne Tom Browne – Verified account ‏@TomBrowne7

I’ve got an interesting development on the @jcarlisle22 trade. Tune into @gold1043 @BrigandLehmo 830 sport @EssendonFC @stkildafc
2:26 PM - 14 Oct 2015
5 RETWEETS2 FAVORITES

The thing with getting Pick 5 is that we can essentially go with a gamble player with one of those two picks. What I mean is, you might see one player as having much higher potential, but could either be a Kepler Bradley or a Lance Franklin. The other player chosen would be a more conservative and obvious selection. With just Pick 4, we’d probably have to go with a safer option.

Tom Browne appears to get a lot of Essendon scoops… hmmmm

he also appears to love a good old big note of himself.

Why do other clubs seem to get trades done so easily… while inevitably any trades involving the Bombers will be done in the last two hours of trade period. All jokes aside, I don’t see how our requests are unreasonable and yet we end up in the same position every year. On the flip side… Geelong and Hawthorn seem to announce who they want and 2 days later the trade is lodged… almost like clockwork.

Interesting. He’s not saying better than Saints offer, he’s saying better than pick 5.

Also saying we won’t accept lower than pick 8 or so.