#22 - Jake Carlisle: Gone

I didnt know my ar$e from my elbow when i was 24. I was a buffoon of the highest order. A git. A fool. A complete and total moron.

No be shy. Tell us what you were really like.

I didnt know my ar$e from my elbow when i was 24. I was a buffoon of the highest order. A git. A fool. A complete and total moron.

You are now a very honest person.

Article in the Herald Sun about Jakes shenanigans on twitter etc… Just as forshadowed on the weekend by Reboot, who seems to know what is about to be published in the paper. Hmm.

Can someone post the article.

Also, despite the drama and all that has transpired, I still like Jake and would happy enough if he ever came back to the club.
You may change your mind if you read the newspapers this coming week.

Crameri, Melksham and Monfries I’d welcome back with open arms. Both Carlisle and Ryder can gagf.

Fair enough. I defer to your better information, especially since I have none. My view was just that he had been a good player for the club and had signed a couple of contracts before so must have not hated the place. I liked him as a player too, but if his presence was divisive or hard work for the club then happy to let him go as has happened.

The latest article in the HUN is just the tip of the iceberg.

Hopefully we read in the next couple of days about his relationship (or lack of) with some of the medical staff.

mmmm saucy

Wait, is the article just someone noticing Carlisle’s tweets were almost entirely the names of his various off-season destination cities?

Welcome to a long time ago… it was the instantly obvious thing to do to try to match the background in the video to those tweets and therefore identify the date of the video.

Can someone post the article.

They are getting pretty wily at blocking freeloaders. But I’ll keep trying.

Jake Carlisle’s travel tweets cost Essendon $2500 under AFL anti-doping code
November 2, 2015 4:17pm
SAM LANDSBERGER and MICHAEL WARNER
Herald Sun

TWEETS posted by Jake Carlisle on his worldwide end-of-season jaunt cost Essendon a $2500 fine under the AFL’s anti-doping code.

Carlisle’s calamitous Snapchat drugs video will this week cost the disgraced St Kilda recruit a chunk of his new four-year contract worth $600,000-plus a season.

But it emerged today the Bombers are also out of pocket after Carlisle failed to inform the club of his post-season travel plans, which he openly documented on Twitter and Instagram in September and October.

Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority staffers saw the social media posts from London, Belfast and Paris, triggering the financial sanction.

Players are required to notify their club of their whereabouts at all times, information that is relayed to ASADA.

Essendon did not know Carlisle was heading overseas and therefore did not notify ASADA.

AFL players can be drug tested by ASADA 365 days of the year.

Carlisle, 24, briefly returned to Melbourne in October before jetting to the United States where he filmed the infamous video in which he is seen snorting lines of white powder.

Brighton Beach London
— Jake Carlisle (@jcarlisle22) September 15, 2015

Belfast yewwwwww
— Jake Carlisle (@jcarlisle22) September 19, 2015

Paris ouiiiiiiii
— Jake Carlisle (@jcarlisle22) September 22, 2015

The footage was aired on national television just hours after he was traded to the Saints on October 21.

It was confirmed today Carlisle did not attend his scheduled end-of-season exit interview or medical assessment with the Bombers.

He effectively walked out on the club after its Round 23 win against Collingwood.

Carlisle was heard declaring: “This club is f—ed” as he walked through the interchange gates at Spotless Stadium in Round 19.

The outburst was heard by club officials and fans and was one of three on-field episodes late this season where he openly bagged the club.

Carlisle then stood up in front of his teammates and apologised.

Incoming coach John Worsfold said he wanted to speak to Carlisle to persuade him to stay, but the key defender was intent on leaving Tullamarine.

He requested a trade to St Kilda and a deal was struck hours before the video was aired.

Hawthorn made a late play for Carlisle during trade period with coach Alastair Clarkson flying into Florida to personally lobby for his services.

Collingwood ($7500) and Fremantle ($5000) were fined for similar breaches on Friday.

The Magpies had three players fail to provide up to date information. The Dockers had two.

The Bombers were one of four clubs fined $2500 early last month, along with Port Adelaide, Richmond and St Kilda.

A meeting between Carlisle, his manager and St Kilda chiefs will be held this week to discuss his contract.

The constant ASADA fines seem to prove that it’s not a very effective punishment.

“Players are required to notify the club”

Player doesn’t notify the club.

Club gets fined.

GOVERNANNNNNNNNNCE!

Just tell players to keep their GPSs on 24/7.

A don no more but jake carlisle costs them under doping ...

www.scoopnest.com/user/superfooty/661057183652536320

10 minutes. A Don no more but Jake Carlisle costs them under doping code https://t.co/eA7iny8WZW … Gold Coast midfielder Andrew Boston, 21, has retired.

This worked for me.

edit: dont click the https in red, copy and paste the ww.scoopnet link into your browser and it should work.

edit again: forget it. no longer working.

Carry on, dont mind me.

clicking the link worked for me. fanks

Thanks DJR, but in your haste you have overlooked the real story:

Tom Cruise ‘let baby Suri cry for hours’ at wedding to Katie Holmes
"Players are required to notify the club"

Club gets fined.

GOVERNANNNNNNNNNCE!

My thoughts exactly. It’s hardy a deterrent if the club pays the fine for the individual that broke the rule. Dikhedz.

"Players are required to notify the club"

Club gets fined.

GOVERNANNNNNNNNNCE!

My thoughts exactly. It’s hardy a deterent if the club pays the fine for the individual that broke the rule. Dikhedz.

And yet it is 100% the players’ responsibility what drugz they respectively take. None of this “I dunno, ask da club” business.

Im still blown away he didn’t go to hawthorn, and that Clarko MBA flew to meet him.

This has dodgy AFL back room deal written all over it

"Players are required to notify the AFL of supplements taken each year"

Players don’t notify the AFL. AFL doesn’t care.

Club gets fined.

GOVERNANNNNNNNNNCE!

Fixed.

Unfortunately, the enforcement of this rule only occurs to Essendon.

This has to be the greatest sale in the history of dodgy sales.

So Arsada has someone monitoring player’s tweets?
Then cross-checking with club notifications. For up to 700+ players let alone all the other sports.
It’s like the East German Stasi.
Close them down.

Also, despite the drama and all that has transpired, I still like Jake and would happy enough if he ever came back to the club.
You may change your mind if you read the newspapers this coming week.

Crameri, Melksham and Monfries I’d welcome back with open arms. Both Carlisle and Ryder can gagf.

Fair enough. I defer to your better information, especially since I have none. My view was just that he had been a good player for the club and had signed a couple of contracts before so must have not hated the place. I liked him as a player too, but if his presence was divisive or hard work for the club then happy to let him go as has happened.

The latest article in the HUN is just the tip of the iceberg.

Hopefully we read in the next couple of days about his relationship (or lack of) with some of the medical staff.

honestly find it a bit disturbing how we can go from do desperately wanting a player to stay at a club, to hoping that more negative attention is placed upon him by the media

i get its fun to pick on carlisle for being a dumb carnt, and maybe just a carnt in general… but seriously, he hasnt done anything to me personally, so why should i wish for something bad to happen to him

he’s no longer at the club, we got pick 5 for him, take solace in that and just let it go