#22 - Jake Carlisle: Gone

So Arsada has someone monitoring player's tweets? Then cross-checking with club notifications. For up to 700+ players let alone all the other sports. It's like the East German Stasi. Close them down.

Also, despite the drama and all that has transpired, I still like Jake and would happy enough if he ever came back to the club.
You may change your mind if you read the newspapers this coming week.

Crameri, Melksham and Monfries I’d welcome back with open arms. Both Carlisle and Ryder can gagf.

Fair enough. I defer to your better information, especially since I have none. My view was just that he had been a good player for the club and had signed a couple of contracts before so must have not hated the place. I liked him as a player too, but if his presence was divisive or hard work for the club then happy to let him go as has happened.

The latest article in the HUN is just the tip of the iceberg.

Hopefully we read in the next couple of days about his relationship (or lack of) with some of the medical staff.

honestly find it a bit disturbing how we can go from do desperately wanting a player to stay at a club, to hoping that more negative attention is placed upon him by the media

i get its fun to pick on carlisle for being a dumb carnt, and maybe just a carnt in general… but seriously, he hasnt done anything to me personally, so why should i wish for something bad to happen to him

he’s no longer at the club, we got pick 5 for him, take solace in that and just let it go

You’re right.

We should actually be thanking him, for…

A. Going,
B. Saying he wouldn’t walk to the PSD as Farcton asked him to., &
C. Lying to his manager & St kilda about the video, which let us get pick 5 for him before the shizen hit the whirly thing.

Eternally grateful to you Jake, for all of the above.

Robbo must be loving this - Has been indirectly potting Carlisle for months.

I still do not understand why the clubs get fined for players failing to do what they have been asked to do? Why are the players not being fined?

Thank god for Clarkson and the Hawks

I still do not understand why the clubs get fined for players failing to do what they have been asked to do? Why are the players not being fined?
My guess is that it prevents or deters clubs deliberately hiding players en mass from asada if players have been given PEDS which are only in their system for a short time.

Google the headline and click the pressreader.com result.

The constant ASADA fines seem to prove that it's not a very effective punishment.

Maybe it’s not a punishment. It’s revenue raising to allow them to continue mindless and inept investigations.

My guess is that it prevents or deters clubs deliberately hiding players en mass from asada if players have been given PEDS which are only in their system for a short time.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the club passes on the fine to the player
And if not, $2500 is a pittance compared to the cost of losing a guy for 12 months over a missed test if any club were so inclined

Thank god for Clarkson and the Hawks

Flew to Florida!

And if not, $2500 is a pittance compared to the cost of losing a guy for 12 months over a missed test if any club were so inclined

Might be a bit tough to pass it on to Jake now.

So if these stories come out, what do we do when we play St Kilda? After getting pick 5 and Jake telling the blues he won’t go into the PSD there was no way we could boo him. Though some of this other crap that is coming to light sure does muddy the waters. I’m still in the no-boo camp, for now

Thanks DJR, but in your haste you have overlooked the real story:
Tom Cruise ‘let baby Suri cry for hours’ at wedding to Katie Holmes

Waaaaah! Tom cruise is my dad! Waaaaaah!

Scientology!! WTF ?? … My Dads a dikhead … waaaahhhh!

Might be a bit tough to pass it on to Jake now.

Depends whether it was in his contract or not
At the time of the indescretion he was still employed by EFC

On a one off, yes, but if it was over a sustained period, it’s a big deterrent.
I reckon often people forget that they are still kids, and some mature slower than other, and true some never do. Maybe Jake fits that category, maybe he snaps out of it and grows up and realizes the opportunity he had in front of him. I hope he does from a personal perspective but from an Essendon supporter standpoint, yeah I'm a little conflicted.

He’s 24, not 18. If a bloke hasn’t grown up by the time he is in his mid 20s then there is little hope.

So many excuses for footballers these days. “Didn’t know his dad…” “Too young…”. Some great budding lawyers in here.

I reckon often people forget that they are still kids, and some mature slower than other, and true some never do. Maybe Jake fits that category, maybe he snaps out of it and grows up and realizes the opportunity he had in front of him. I hope he does from a personal perspective but from an Essendon supporter standpoint, yeah I'm a little conflicted.

He’s 24, not 18. If a bloke hasn’t grown up by the time he is in his mid 20s then there is little hope.

So many excuses for footballers these days. “Didn’t know his dad…” “Too young…”. Some great budding lawyers in here.

Not to mention, just because you might be an actual kid (say 18 or younger) doesn’t automatically mean you have to be a complete farkwit. You might be slightly immature, but I reckon it’s an excuse. A leopard never changes it’s spots.

When Milne had his rape trial his lawyer brought up his “youth” at the time of the attack. He was 23 or 24.

Maybe it’s like dog years in reverse, a 25 year old footballer is like a 15 year old real person.

When Milne had his rape trial his lawyer brought up his "youth" at the time of the attack. He was 23 or 24.

Maybe it’s like dog years in reverse, a 25 year old footballer is like a 15 year old real person.

Yeah, should footy players be classed as minors until they are retired?

Agree that Milne was a dog though.