#22 - Jake Carlisle: Gone

While true he was a talented player, this whole saga makes him seem like quite the tool.

Literal lol.
This whole saga?

The one he brought on himself? Yeah.

You’re killing me.
Yeah, he should totally have stopped Dank from coming.

Continue to misunderstand me at your leisure. I’m done.

I don’t think I misunderstand you, I just think you’re deliberately ignoring 95% of the situation.

You’re misunderstanding what Rolo was saying. You actually are.

Happy to be enlightened. I can’t discuss what I don’t understand.

If, as I believe/d, you were saying we should lay off jake because he did the right thing when he left Wim, I'm with you.

If otoh you are saying Dank & the EFC saga is in someway responsible for his current predicament he’s got himself into, & that if not for that, he wouldn’t have used a recreational drug off season & then been so dumb as to post it on the web in any way, … I reckon you’re on your Pat Malone there.

Edit: Maybe you were both just being deliberately obtuse …

I’m saying THE saga is responsible for All Of The Predicaments.
I’m saying if you think Carlisle is the only Essendon player to snort Charlie then I have a bridge to sell you.

He didn’t post it on the web, his mate sold it to the papes.
Whatever, do you want me to hate him for being dumb?
How dumb were you in your early twenties?

SAGA may be responsible for Jake ultimately leaving, … but it aint responsible for his rec drug use, nor his dumbness, nor his age, nor his mates act of bastardry.

I don’t believe you believe that either.

If, as I believe/d, you were saying we should lay off jake because he did the right thing when he left Wim, I'm with you.

If otoh you are saying Dank & the EFC saga is in someway responsible for his current predicament he’s got himself into, & that if not for that, he wouldn’t have used a recreational drug off season & then been so dumb as to post it on the web in any way, … I reckon you’re on your Pat Malone there.

I’m saying if you think Carlisle is the only Essendon player to snort Charlie then I have a bridge to sell you.

SAGA may be responsible for Jake ultimately leaving, … but it aint responsible for his rec drug use, nor his dumbness, nor his age, nor his mates act of bastardry.

I don’t believe it’s responsible for his age or his mate’s act of bastardry, so we’re halfway there.

Edit: Sorry, on second thought I think the Saga is absolutely partially responsible for his mate’s act of bastardry.
So it’s just his age I agree it has nothing to do with.

if only some in here were as forgiving to posters as they are to players who slag off the club and walk out completely on them, this place would be a happier fairytale land.

but nah back telling supporters to ■■■■ off we don’t need you, if they don’t wanna buy a membership cos they have legitimate questions about the running of the club.

Blitz logic.

While true he was a talented player, this whole saga makes him seem like quite the tool.

Literal lol.
This whole saga?

You’re killing me.

I don’t think I misunderstand you, I just think you’re deliberately ignoring 95% of the situation.

TBH you appear to be looking like a tool in this saga

I’m a tool in all the sagas.
Popularity is no measure of accuracy.

Nor quality, or factuality or healthiness, … in fact, 9 out of 10 times the exact opposite is true.

Literal lol.
This whole saga?

You’re killing me.

Nor quality, or factuality or healthiness, … in fact, 9 out of 10 times the exact opposite is true.

I don’t mean to be so argumentative, I really don’t.
But I think factuality goes some way towards accuracy.

This should be an axis of rotational symmetry question (pole): Where does Carlisle rank in the measure of tooliness?
  1. James Hird
  2. Cale Hooker
  3. A quality person who has made a few minor mistakes and has already been punished far in excess of what is reasonable. By and large did the right thing by his club on the way out.
  4. Westing Wuckman
  5. David Evans
  6. Chris Judd
  7. McFarkstick
  8. wimmera1
  9. This whole saga makes him seem quite the tool
  10. Patrick Ryder
  11. Joseph Stalin

Fixed.

Wow! below David Evans :slight_smile: Don’t be surprised if I ask you to be a referee for my next job interview.

I don’t believe it’s responsible for his age or his mate’s act of bastardry, so we’re halfway there.

Edit: Sorry, on second thought I think the Saga is absolutely partially responsible for his mate’s act of bastardry.

Now,… If we were at the bar having an ale, … at this point I’d look at you incredulously & say something along the lines of,…“Thats fkn bullshit mate, … you’re out of your gourd” … then back off & say" Ok, … explain to me how you think that the SAGA leads to Carlisle snorting coke … (assuming he actually did) … do you reckon he never ever before did any rec drugs … had never used coke an as yet unidentified white powder before this stuff started", … are you telling me his IQ level was lowered to the point of imbecile because of it, … or that the stress made him forget not to be stupid??"

And I do think of Blitz as a cyber version of just that, . standing in a pub talking shitt about footy, sooo…

“Thats fkn bullshit mate, … you’re out of your gourd” … …" Ok, … explain to me how you think that the SAGA leads to Carlisle snorting coke … (assuming he actually did) … do you reckon he never ever before did any rec drugs … had never used coke an as yet unidentified white powder before this stuff started", … are you telling me his IQ level was lowered to the point of imbecile because of it, … or that the stress made him forget not to be stupid??"

“Pls explain how you make that logical pole vault … oh & btw, … it’s your hook mate … I got the last one … …”

Literal lol.
This whole saga?

You’re killing me.

lol so very true

Now,… If we were at the bar having an ale, … at this point I’d look at you incredulously & say something along the lines of,…“Thats fkn bullshit mate, … you’re out of your gourd” … then back off & say" Ok, … explain to me how you think that the SAGA leads to Carlisle snorting coke … (assuming he actually did) … do you reckon he never ever before did any rec drugs … had never used coke an as yet unidentified white powder before this stuff started", … are you telling me his IQ level was lowered to the point of imbecile because of it, … or that the stress made him forget not to be stupid??"

And I do think of Blitz as a cyber version of just that, . standing in a pub talking shitt about footy, sooo…

“Thats fkn bullshit mate, … you’re out of your gourd” … …" Ok, … explain to me how you think that the SAGA leads to Carlisle snorting coke … (assuming he actually did) … do you reckon he never ever before did any rec drugs … had never used coke an as yet unidentified white powder before this stuff started", … are you telling me his IQ level was lowered to the point of imbecile because of it, … or that the stress made him forget not to be stupid??"

“Pls explain how you make that logical pole vault … oh & btw, … it’s your hook mate … I got the last one … …”

I’d say, I don’t know if you need another one, mate. you just said the exact same thing to me twice.
But hey, my shout. I’m not your mother.

I’d say, no, you’re getting me wrong.
Look, mate. Look. Do you think Carlisle is the only one at Essendon snorting the marching powder?
No? So why…I mean…no, really, why do you want to hang him for that?
If the same video came out, like, of…you know…Zerrett or someone…would you hate him?

Course not.
So we’re agreed that this isn’t about that.

And…alright, am I saying the Saga caused him to take some recreational drugs? No. I mean, not really.
But it didn’t ■■■■■■’ help, right?

Have a look at the gameday threads! How many people in there could have done with some medicinal help? And Carlisle’s actually playing for them!
's’all I’m saying mate. 's’all I’m saying.
Anyway, mine’s a bourbon.

I’d say, I don’t know if you need another one, mate. you just said the exact same thing to me twice.

Look, mate. Look. Do you think Carlisle is the only one at Essendon snorting the marching powder?
If the same video came out, like, of…you know…Zerrett or someone…would you hate him?

Course not.

And…alright, am I saying the Saga caused him to take some recreational drugs? No. I mean, not really.

Have a look at the gameday threads! How many people in there could have done with some medicinal help? And Carlisle’s actually playing for them!

Can I interest you boys in the Blitz Tavern special, half price pots of FARK CARLTON draught?

I’ll grab my coat…

Course not.

Can I interest you boys in the Blitz Tavern special, half price pots of FARK CARLTON draught?

I’ll grab my coat…

Can’t drink beer.
Allergic or somthin’.
Anyway, they’re about to fire up the karaoke.
I’ll call the missus for ya.

Is this the real life? Is it just fantasy?

Carlisle’s little snapchat snafoo is A saga, not THE saga.

I think I’m getting saga fatigue.

I have it on very good authority that the salary review of Carlisle at St.K post the video that with the marketing component taken out and also other incentive based KPIs being altered that JC will be on LESS than what he was on at EFC last year. LOL!

Carlol indeed

Whenever someone now joins a new club and within a day or so has already embarrased themselves and their club it shall known that they pulled a carlol

I agree with the fact he played some (less than more) good footy for us.

I agree that the saga basically lead to him leaving the club.

On paper, I’d prefer to have him than not.

But what i can’t take is him slagging us off to opposition players during a game, saying he doesn’t care coz he’s gone at the end of the year and sticking his bottom lip out and sulking like a school girl, for the majority of the time he wore our jumper, when the teams needs were put before his own positional preference.

Be careful for what you wish for

By Jake. Bet ya looking forward to your first day at your new school… i hear the school captain is very keen to meet you.

meh… Jake’s a Saints player now… and their issue to deal with. Thanks for the memories and all that and goodonya for making sure we got a decent trade, but there was obviously plenty of bad mixed in with the good and I hold zero trader’s remorse.

And I won’t miss the sooking. Saga Shmaga. He was a sooky sook that sooked a lot and it was all too often on show. I have had the opportunity of two brief conversations with him and he sooked in both of those as well. If he can’t sort that out he will never realise his talent.

Not sure Ryder comes in before Stalin, personally.
Stalin did have more than one half of a peanut for a brain

Really should close this thread.

Fogdog on the money about on Carlisle being in the news for the wrong reasons this week.

I’d love to know Carlisle’s “expense” bill on his o/s trip.

Channel Seven was offered video footage purporting to show Jake Carlisle in a room with illicit drugs in Las Vegas nine days before Channel Nine broadcast damning footage that prompted the St Kilda recruit to issue a public apology.

The footage that Seven was offered was of poor quality and did not show Carlisle actually taking drugs. The grainy images showed Carlisle and drugs in a room but there was no “money shot” of him taking the drugs.

The footage was offered by two tradesmen who turned up at the station’s offices on October 12 asking for $20,000 for the video. It appeared the video may have been filmed from the phone of a third person.

A Seven source said he was unsure whether it was the same video later screened by Channel Nine’s A Current Affair but said that it was definitely of a poorer quality.
Advertisement

The network rejected the offer because of the poor quality of the images, the price and because it did not actually show the player taking drugs.
Seven contacted Carlisle’s manager, Anthony McConville, and asked him about the video and whether his client had taken drugs.

It is understood McConville contacted Carlisle in America and questioned him about the footage. At the time Carlisle denied he had been taking illicit drugs.

Neither Essendon nor St Kilda were approached about the footage offered to Seven.

Channel Nine’s A Current Affair eventually broadcast footage of Carlisle on October 21 – hours after he was traded to St Kilda from the Bombers.

The following morning Carlisle released a statement apologising for his behaviour, in what was interpreted as an admission of drug use.

It is understood Carlisle’s denial to his manager that he had taken drugs on the Seven video meant that when McConville was asked the same question by Nine about drug-taking, he thought the network had the same footage, and repeated Carlisle’s denial. McConville also went back to Carlisle again before the show went to air and was again given a denial. It was only after the footage was shown that Carlisle admitted his misbehaviour.

St Kilda was furious with Carlisle’s behaviour and with not having been informed by McConville about the pending news.

The Saints remain in negotiations with Carlisle and McConville to seek to revise the player’s contract, which is for four years with a trigger for a fifth year.

He was also due to sign a separate marketing contract under the AFL Additional Services Agreements, which fall outside the salary cap, but this contract is being changed and Carlisle will lose a significant amount of money.

The AFL Players Association defended McConville’s decision not to inform St KIlda of the fact a news story was about to break alleging Carlisle had been filmed taking drugs.

McConville had sought advice from the AFLPA about his responsibilities in the matter before the story went to air and the PA advised him his duty was to best represent his client and that he was not compelled to inform the Saints.

A Current Affair National executive producer Grant Williams clarified that the program had only received a copy of the footage for the first time late on Monday October 19 and they contacted McConville and Essendon on the Tuesday for a comment and decided to publish the following evening.
He said they had not deliberately held the story until a trade was completed.

“On the Wednesday news broke of his trade to St Kilda and we quietly pulled someone from the Saints media team aside to inform them of the video. We then asked St Kilda to come to view the material privately before we put it to air. They declined,” Williams said.