#22 Sam Durham - thru to 2028!

Top daft picks you are looking a immature kids and their potential (as you see it). With picks like Martin and Durham their are older and have had time playing senior football.

Gratuitous

Along with Caldwell and Setterfield possible the reason why our free kick tally is in the positive. Goes in hard for the ball and gets in first.

Having a great year.

1 Like

Here’s hoping we understand Durhams traits and can draft more players like him.

2 Likes

I like we have a group with a chip I. Their shoulder wanting to prove something. Martin, Durham etc, guy who were written off in the draft. Although I think Hobbs lives with one naturally, so I out him in that category even though he was a top pick.

100%. Sam Durham should be the template by which you determine what an Essendon footballer should look like. Everything about him is exactly what I want in a player. If you don’t stray too far from that, we’ll be on the right track. At least you’ll know every player will have a decent crack and you won’t question effort.

6 Likes

You can see why Sydney were intersted. The way Durham goes about it is what Sydney look for in a player is tough and runs hard both ways.

2 Likes

Sydney has a few of those types wonder if there any on the fringes that cant get a game are worth having a look at.

https://x.com/charliedons/status/1779747895459348774?s=46&t=BitAb38gr-Jok6C78GyGnw

7 Likes

When we play FC he plays on Cripps

Caldwell on Sam Walsh

1 Like

It’s amazing after the impact of having guys go with the prime movers of the opposition that we don’t do this more often. Clearly it didn’t have any adverse effect on Durham’s ability to win the footy and be an offensive threat. Caldwell too with Libba.

3 Likes

Should be our stragety from now on imo doing this leaves Merret and Parish to run amok

Like Essendon, Durham is not consistent. I really rate him and what he brings, but he has that Essendon player inconsistency.

Really? He seems to me to be really improving with better physical development and experience.

2 Likes

He is improving, but no one can say we get the Durham we got against the dogs every week.

Also are self made and have had to do it on their own, they’ve shown the commitment needed to make it, the younger draftees often have a lot handed to them that they can take for granted

Not sure about that reckon Durham is one of main reasons why our midfield and clearance game has improved this season

Not staying he would have been the diffrence but we missed him badly againts Port

Of course he is. Young player finding his feet, some games better than others, but consistently improving.

3 Likes

Add to that, some people mature quicker than others. When you think about it, 18 is f@rking young.

3 Likes

He was a mid season draft pick in 2021. So he has played 2 and a half years of footy. Why would you expect him to perform like that every week at this stage.

1 Like