#23 Harrison Jones - now 23 til 2024!

Harry. Ken Fraser Jones. Old enough to remember Ken. Plays very similar to him. Same number as well.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree, great observation. Great leap and ability to float in from the side to mark. May of our vintage feel the same. Trust Jones can play the whole season and keep healthy.

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts. He reminds me so much of Ken Fraser with a touch of Max Crow in the way he can float in from the side. Iā€™m very excited about this boy. I reckon heā€™s going to be a star. Perfect number too.

3 Likes

Better kick than Ken, but cannot teach geography.

1 Like

hint of Hird as well I think.

3 Likes

Has that incredible eye/hand coordination where he instinctively grabs the ball at the highest point of his leap. This makes him significantly better at contested marking than his actual height in cms would suggest.

Agree. Wow, a combination of Hird, Fraser, Crow and just a little Coleman weā€™re in for a good time.

and if I remember rightly Ken was a lay minister in the Baptist church, which Harrison probably isnā€™t

Well, to be fair, thatā€™d be a bit of a conflict of interest for the messiahā€¦

I reckon heā€™s going to be the best of all the kids. He just has that special look about him. The star key forward weā€™ve all been harking on about is right in front of us IMO

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s all very early stages for him given missed a fair bit of footy

2020 - 0 games - 0 goals (injured)
2021 - 16 games - 20 goals
2022 - ??

Ben Kingā€™s progression over first 3yrs was:

2019 - 14 games - 17 goals
2020 - 17 games - 25 goals
2021 - 22 games - 46 goals

Could he have a King like 3rd year? Never know.

30-40goals would be super. Certainly going to be having a lot more fwd entries & opportunities directed his way if now our main kpf. But also a lot tougher opposing defender and defensive focus on him.

5 Likes

Yes especially because heā€™s playing for a better team.

Would be tough as a forward at GC

Hopefully he doesnā€™t have a King-like 4th year!

3 Likes

:-1:t3: Boo

IMHO id be pleased if Jones can back up his 2021 with an equal 2022. For talls so early on in their career, consolidation is equally as meritorious as improvement. If he can nab 20 or so goals and build some more confidence in his body and himself as a player, itll be a success imo.

3 Likes

Given Jones was injured for basically all of his first year, I think it would be much fairer to compare him with Kingā€™s second year.

I told him that at the sponsors evening last year and he liked it.

2 Likes

Even when he doesnā€™t play wellā€¦. He plays well

Is it the magnificent mane or the way he drifts across packs to take what seems like effortless marks?

1 Like

The driftā€¦very Hird like for me

4 Likes