#23 Harrison Jones - now 23 til 2024!

this post lead to me watching 20 minutes of Hird highlights.

3 Likes

For a player in Jones position on Wednesday (20 games, coming off a navicular, 20 years old), jeez he looked good to me.

5 Likes

Happy birthday to the Jones Boy.

Whole worlds talkin

2 Likes

Yeah and the other aspect is defenders (defensive coaches) work out how to play guys. Gets harder for the attacker.

He was clunking with confidence in the first quarter and should have finished it with two goals. Iā€™d like to see him go to 1.5 goals a game this year but he certainly has the talent to exceed that

1 Like

any playerā€™s thread being bumped this time of year makes me think im about to read a injury report

8 Likes

If he had 6 shots at Goal, i would be hoping for better than 1 goal 5 behinds!

2 Likes

Genuine snake replacement

Ha! Same. Tbh, Iā€™m not even worried about Jonesā€™ goal tally, Iā€™m just hoping we get a full season out of him.

1 Like

Not seeing anything to suggest that he has changed from last year. Practice game and all but the guy is nowhere near the ball. Does he sit in the crowd?

Needs to blow the rust off. Had very little preseason. He will take a few games to find form.

4 Likes

You donā€™t see the work he does up and down the ground j less youā€™re at the ground. He worked into it late which is because of his running ability. His performance was hardly a concern.

1 Like

What are you on about? Did you actually see him play last year?

2 Likes

You are top 5 most negative posters on this site and thatā€™s saying something.

1 Like

I did, and apart from flying in from the side for an occasional great mark, he is nowhere to be seen.
Someone needs to tell him where to run, because he is either running too far up the ground or holding position when he should be moving.

1 Like

Will be fine. All above the shoulders

i was concerned, until late. he showed much better signs the longer it went on, but lets not pretend his first 3/4 were garbage

he seems like a guy that needs continuity Iā€™d play him in the VFL before round, at least a half with his pre season

Heā€™s also had limited game time over the last 2 years, been injured and managed through pre season, and our forward entries were cack. Heā€™ll be fine and play 100+ excellent games in the red and black.

He was quiet tonight but even the best have quiet games.

Nothing to worry about especially considering it was a praccy game and his first full game since June

2 Likes

Still a kid and technically in his second season. Keep pumping games into him and Baldwin.

2 Likes