#23 Harrison Jones - now 23 til 2024!

Will be better for the run.

3 Likes

Did a bit more in the last quarter. He’s missed a reasonable chunk of pre-season unfortunately.

1 Like

He always seems to do something in the last quarter which I think is testament to his aerobic base.

2 Likes

Was great to see him get a run and come out unscathed after an interrupted 6-7 months.

His ability continue to run hard and present deep into a fourth quarter is a massive weapon

1 Like

A fair bit of ring rust on display, in terms of his positioning for marks. Not surprising when we consider how much footy he has missed of late. He will be better for the run.

Hope so but he was a statue

Last year he was moving to chf to present as an option at least

last night he didn’t even do that was just standing in the goal square asking for the ball to be dumped on his head

Rusty young player coming back from injury with limited pre-season doesn’t move freely…who would have thought?

3 Likes

Go and get your foot operated on champ and see how rusty you are after 6-7 months with no genuine games

1 Like

Then why the ■■■■ play him in the seniors why not In the vfl if that’s the case to get his touch?

If you get picked to play seniors you expect to perform

It is called a pre-season game, it enables players to have a run. It’s not a premiership game, it is glorified practice match…where people practice.

12 Likes

Because he’s a class player and important for our structure.

And who is this magical player from the twos we would bring in to replace him?

3 Likes

That is 100% incorrect.

He was picked to blow off rust in a practise game. He did that and came into the game late.

If he plays like that week 1…. I’m still not worried.

Kid is one of the best and most exciting things about Essendon.

5 Likes

Who would’ve thought one almost irrelevant preseason game would be the one to finally push Nino over the edge

7 Likes

I think we will see him build as the year progresses, he may need a spell in 5-7 weeks given how much he has missed. Having Baldwin and Francis there will help us manage his year.

Don’t get me wrong Iike him too and think he’s going to be a jet

So why you worried about a preseason game like it’s a Grand Final.

Kid just needed some run in his legs.

5 Likes

He’s going to naturally get far more attention as the second tall this year. Especially if Franga isn’t up there with him. Every young developing key takes time to adapt to this when it comes. Jones won’t be the exception.

Young developing key tall needs time to develop? In other news, water is wet.

One of the stupid things I’ve read on here. It’s wasn’t a senior game, it was a practice match

3 Likes

Given he has only just recovered from injury, he is doing fine. There are 22 rounds plus finals yet to go in 2022

2 Likes

Nino pls, it wasn’t a prelim final, it was pre season game where he just needed to play after missing about 6 weeks of footy.

3 Likes