#25 Jake Stringer (Part 1)

I don’t blame him having shots for goal when our forward line is in shambles. No one to kick to. You need to watch the game I think before you criticise one of our best players
Go Package!!

1 Like

He kicked 3 out of a total sum of 8- more than a third - not bad. Not only that he was in and under every time as a mid playing hard whilst 7 other payers had about 12 possessions between them.

1 Like

we had a defined game play in the first, jakes 2nd (anonymous) 3rd and 4th (hero ball) did not play to that plan.hes not 21 anymore he needs to be accountable in his play.

Have a look at who will get the coaches; votes- be you Stringer does.
I would hate to see your assessment of some of the other players about 7 of them who hardly got a sniff.

1 Like

Our defined game plan must have been to do everything we can to pick out Geelong defenders.

Glad he didn’t play to that plan.

He played a better game than about 20 other guys we put on the field last night.

Find me a player that doesn’t pick the wrong option occasionally.

2 Likes
  1. Could say the same about Parish.
  2. He plays with Bont so we will never ever know.
  3. Merret and Macrae are both bonafide stars so it’s semantics anyway.
1 Like

How good is this bloke? Love the don’t argue push off the man on the mark.

3 Likes

The trouble with Stringer is we really need two of him: one forward and one mid-field.

3 Likes

Why wasn’t this bloke twins?

1 Like

Why wasn’t this bloke twins?

If Stringer, Darce and Zach can work it out, you’ve got an opportunity for all three to start waxing the footy a bit more during the game, and switching roles between the 3, ad hoc, through out the game. All three can go extract, deliver into fifty and kick goals drifting fwd.

We saw a bit of it in the first quarter against the Cats… I’d be giving those three every opportunity at training to work out their chemistry and start giving them license to play the footy, just amongst themselves.

Probably already happening to an extent and Im just stating the obvious

You know what…the goal square is empty, your running straight at it, unless there is a 100% by themselves teammate, you take those shots at goal every day of the week, rather than introduce the chance of turning the ball over.

There may have been 1 time where he burnt Tippa at the Cattery, but did he even see him?

He is not a selfish player IMO, certainly not in the same league as Smith and regularly kicks them. I say go for them String.

8 Likes

Reminds me of how the Brazilian midfield used to work.

2 Likes
1 Like

More good news than bad in that article

7 Likes

Agree. Not sure any other club will be offering Jake 4 years. Sounds like a fair bit of posturing.

1 Like

I’d certainly be offering 4 years for Stringer. Or at the very least, 3 years with some triggers for a 4th year

3 Likes

Let’s hope we don’t low ball him

I don’t believe for a second that a rival club wouldn’t offer stringer 4 years

1 Like

Yeah i’m glad we’re not budging. Worst case scenario is another club does come at him with 4 years and big money and then we’d get a first round compo.

3 Likes

Going by that article we have offered 3 years plus incentives which i’m assuming includes a trigger.